Chapter 17: Say Yes To The Dress

I wake up the next morning, Matthew isn't in the bed with me. I tiptoe to his room and he isn't there either. Suddenly the faint smell of coffee wafts up the stairs. I head down and find Matthew in the kitchen sipping a cup of coffee while scrolling through something on his phone. I sneak up behind him wrapping my arms around his stomach.

"You scared me!" Matthew says as he sets down his coffee mug, "I wasn't expecting you to wake -up so soon, I was going to make breakfast."

There was something wavering in his voice.

"Is everything okay?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"I think the question is, are you okay?" He says.

"What are you talking about, of course I'm okay." I reply

"A few days ago you freaked out about waking up in bed with me, which is totally understandable considering what you've been through, but then last night you ask me to stay in your bedroom. I don't want you to feel pressured into anything, or feel like you owe me anything." Matthew says.

"What, no that's not it at all, I get that I kind of flip flopped, but after telling you about my past, I'm relieved. Matthew I love you, and I know you would never take advantage of me. Last night was what I wanted." I say.

"If you're sure," Matthew says," We better get started on breakfast because we both have shopping to do today. The girls will be here around 11 for you and I'm meeting the guys at noon."

    • • • • • • • • • •   

The girls and I have been at the bridal shop for about an hour, most of that time was spent talking to our consultant, Trina, about the style and color of dresses we want. We start looking for bridesmaids dresses first. We've decided to go with the same color dresses for all the girls, but different styles so that they can each find something they like and fits their body shape. 

AJ, the Maid of Honor will wear a one shouldered, thigh split, and a peakaboo mesh cut-out.

Paget will wear a flowing floor length gown, with lace cap sleeves and a sweatheart neckline