Chapter 21: Wedding Day

*beep*beep*beep*
I roll over in bed and shut off my alarm, it's 9 am. I look around the room, but the girls are nowhere in sight. I crawl out of bed and head out into the bridal suite, which is basically a small apartment, which is great since I have to avoid seeing Matthew until 4 pm. I hear the girls talking in the kitchen.

"What time did you all wake up?" I ask yawning. The girls jumped in surprise.

"Kaylie, you scared us, we didn't hear you wake up!" exclaims Kirsten.

"We've been awake for about an hour," says Paget.

"Are you nervous?excited?" Asks AJ as she hands me a mug of coffee, a purple mug that says Bride on it, the girls using the teal mugs that say bridesmaid on them.

"Excited, definitely excited. But what are we going to do all day without running into the guys?"I ask.

"Don't you worry about that, we have it all planned out. Now drink your coffee and get dressed, Anna and Kent will be here in an hour." Says AJ.

"Anna and Kent? At 10 in the morning, the ceremony isn't until 4!" I say confused.

"We might have made a few adjustments to the wedding plans, we did get Matthew's approval to surprise you with it," says Paget.

"Ohh jeez what shenanigans are we up to today?" I ask.

"Well this morning at 10:30 we have a spa professional coming in to give us all facials and massages, then we've planned it out with the guys so that us girls can have a picnic lunch down by the lake on the far side of the vineyard, then we'll come back here and it will be time to get our hair and make-up done. The guys have their own day planned. Anna will be with us all day and Kent with the guys." Replies AJ. 

"That actually sounds amazing, I was a bit curious as to why we got the to vineyard nearly 24 hours early!" I say with a small laugh. 

The next several hours are filled with laughter as we prepare for the wedding. Kirsten checking in with the guys a few times to make sure all was going smoothly.  Finally, it was time to get ready. A team of stylists circle around, creating beautiful hairstyles and applying make-up. The girls put on their dresses first so I can see them. 

"You all look so beautiful," I gush over them, their hair in braids and curls pinned in perfect updos, their make-up simple, but elegant with hints of purple and teal around their eyes. 

There was a knock on the door, in walks my soon to be mother-in- law and Matthew's sister.  All dressed in beautiful summer gowns.

"Now it's your turn!!" squeals Kirsten. 

I go into the other room, slip on my dress, and look in the mirror. I take a deep breath and smile as I am about to begin the next chapter of my life. I slowly make my way out to the common area of the bridal suite where the girls were waiting for me. I clear my throat as no one heard me walk in.

There is a chorus of gasps, "you look beautiful", "stunning", and "oh.my.goodness".

There's another knock on the door. Kirsten opens it a bit.

"What are you doing here?! You should be with Matthew!" She says in her sassy voice.

"Hey now, I was just checking on all of you lovely ladies. Someone had to make sure you're on time!" Shemar  says laughing.

"We are all ready to go!" She replies.

"Are you going to let me in?" He asks.

"Come on in!" I shout. All the girls stand in front of me in a semi-circle.

Shemar walks in, "look at you lovely ladies, you all look fabulous. Now step aside so I can see the beautiful bride".

Everyone steps aside, I curtsey at Shemar.

"Baby girl you look absolutely stunning" he says taking my hand, spinning me around. "Matthew is the luckiest man alive. I'll leave you all to finish. See you soon." Shemar says, he kisses my cheek and exits the bridal suite.
My soon to me mother-in-law and soon to be sister-in-law, leave to go take their places shortly after.

Kirsten, AJ, and Paget scurry around the room taking care of last minute details. I have out the window watching in the distance as our guests fill the lawn chairs at the edge of the vineyard. I see The groomsman seating our guests. A small orchestra sitting under the shade of a large tree play, I can just faintly hear the music from the window. I see everyone take their seat, the groomsman line up at the far end of the aisle behind the guests and I see Matthew take his place at the end of the aisle.

"You okay?" I hear Paget ask from behind me.

I shake out of my trance.

"Yes, I'm fine, more than fine" I say smiling.

"Ladies, it's time" AJ says opening the door.

We walk outside where 2 golf carts are waiting to drive us down the the ceremony location.

Paget and Thomas, Kirsten, and Shemar, and AJ and Gray pair up and make their way down the aisle.

Joe is standing there, his arm outstretched, a smile on his face and a tear in his eye.  There  are decorations at the end of the aisle blocking me from Matthew's view. I take Joe's arm, he smiles and nods towards the orchestra. The wedding march begins to play. Joe and I step into the aisle. My eyes immediately look towards Matthew. The second he sees me tears begin flowing down his cheeks, he gasps and places one hand over his mouth for a moment. He shuffles his feet where he is standing.

Joe and I make our way down the aisle, when we reach the end Joe kisses both my cheeks, I squeeze him tightly, he shakes Matthew's hand and gives Matthew a stern "you better not hurt her look". Matthew's eyes widen, Joe chuckles and Matthew relaxes as he take my hand.

《《《《《《《《■■■》》》》》》》》
Hello lovelies, I am sooo beyond sorry this update took an eternity. Life just kind of happened. I switched jobs, moved, crashed my car, had a neice be born, nephew turned 1, found out I have another niece or nephew on the way, was super sick....it's been a crazy couple of months. Things have settled down and I'm hoping to have regular updates again!!