Chapter 45: A.K.G

"Are you sure you don't want to take the rest of the day off?" Matthew asks.

"Yeah you don't look so great," Shemar says. 

"Here, this should help, "AJ says handing me a ginger ale and pack of crackers.

"Thanks, guys really I'm fine, I'm just a little tired and have an upset stomach. We only have once more scene to shoot today anyway!" 

  ► ◄ ► ◄ ► ◄  

"Wheels up in 20," Hotch says.

**Hotch, JJ, Morgan, Prentiss, and Rossi, exit through the main door. Garcia sits next to Becker as Spencer stands to leave.**

"I'm going to ask Hotch if I can work this case from here," Spenser says. 

"Spence, you don't have to do that, I'm fine, the baby isn't due for another 3 weeks, plus I have Penny" I say, leaning towards Garcia with a smile. "You'll solve this case in no time, now go, the team is waiting!" I say as I stand to kiss Spencer goodbye, I stop suddenly and look down as a pool of liquid gathers around my feet. 

"On second thought, tell Hotch we're on our way to the hospital," I say. 

    ► ◄ ► ◄ ► ◄  

"That's not you're line.." Matthew begins to say as the director yells cut. "Ohh...ohh" his eyes grow wide as he rushes towards me, Kirsten is already standing next to me, holding onto my arm. 

"Matthew the baby is coming. NOW!" I shout as my first contraction hits, I double over in pain, Matthew scoops me up in his arms and takes off towards the car. 

"Coming through, coming through, woman in labor coming through!" Matthew shouts as he runs across the set. I look back and see the "team" gathering, talking to the director before following in Matthew's footsteps. Shemar gets to our car before we do, he has the door open waiting. Matthew nods in thanks as he sets me down gently in the passenger's set, buckling my seatbelt. Another contraction hits, worse than the last, I scream. Matthew runs around and gets in the car, and races to the hospital. 

We are met at the entrance by a nurse with a wheelchair. 

"Mr. and Mrs. Gubler?" the nurse asks, I nod "Great, your friend, AJ, called ahead and told us to be expecting you. We have everything ready and put out a call for your doctor, he should be here any minute" the nurse says as she wheel us into a room on the maternity floor. 

Hours pass, the contractions don't hurt as bad thanks to modern medicine, but I'm not far along enough to deliver yet. 

"November 30th or December 1st," I say, as I look at my phone.

"What?" Matthew asks.

"Which will be her birthday? The day is almost over, it's 11:03pm, so November 30th or December 1st?" I reply.

"Today, November 30th," Matthew says matter-of-factly. 

"Really? I think December 1st" I say, typing on my phone. 

"Who are you texting?" Matthew asks. 

"Kirsten, everyone is down in the waiting room, your family just arrived, they started a poll on when they think she'll be born," I say laughing, stopping suddenly, gripping my stomach, the meds are wearing off as another contraction hits. A nurse rushes in, silencing the alarms going off on the machine I'm hooked up to. She checks me out. 

"I'll go get the doctor, I think it's time," she says with a smile. 

  •••••••••• •••••••••• ••••••••••   

Matthew's family and the "team" file into the hospital room. I managed to brush my hair and put on a sweater (with Matthew's help) so I looked somewhat presentable. 

"Meet Amara Kennedy Gubler, 8lb 5oz, 19.5 in, born December 1st, 12:01 am," I say smiling down and the sleeping baby I hold in my arms. 

"She's beautiful," my mother-in-law says, I hold Amara out for her to hold. 

Everyone takes turns holding Amara, they congratulate Matthew and me. After everyone meets the baby and talks a while, the room slowly empties. 

Amara is wrapped in a small pink blanket, a purple hat with butterflies covers her head. 

"Come lay with me?" I ask Matthew softly. He stands up from the chair next to my bed. I slide over in the tiny hospital bed, Matthew crawls in next to me, wrapping one arm around my shoulders, the other hand he places gently on the little pink bundle in my arms. I rest my head on his chest. 

"I love you, Matthew," I whisper.

"I love you too Kaylie" he whispers back. 

"And we love you, even more, Amara," we whisper together. 

    《《《《《《《《 ▪ ▪ ▪ 》》》》》》》》    

So this chapter is a bit shorter, and it's also the end! This story has come to a close. I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to read my fanfic. Especially those who stuck with it even after my 7-month hiatus. I hope you enjoyed! 

I have more stories to come!