Chapter 25: The Honeymoon pt.2

I woke the next morning, my bare back pressed against Matthew's chest, his arm wrapped around my shoulders. I can't help but smile, this is the first morning I've woken up next to my husband! I gently lift Matthew's arm and crawl out of bed, careful not to wake him. I head to the bathroom and take a quick shower. I decide to get dressed for the day, our first activity the "team" planned for us begins at 9 am. I put on frayed denim shorts, a dark pink tank top, and low cut blank converse. I pull my wet hair into a messy bun on the top of my head and apply some light make-up. Matthew is still sleeping when I finish in the bathroom. I head down to the kitchen to make a pot of coffee when it's finished I fix myself a cup and head back up to the balcony attached to the master bed. I stand against the rail, sipping my coffee looking out over the town and the bay where local fishermen are beginning to sail out to sea for the day. All of a sudden I feel arms wrap around my waist. 

"Good morning Mrs. Gubler," Matthew says as he kisses my neck. 

"I didn't hear you wake up," I say turning to face him, seeing he's in nothing but his boxers, his messy hair is messier than usual and he still has a sleepy look in his eyes. I set my coffee down and wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him lightly on the lips. 

"Come back to bed my dear?" He pleads. 

"I can't and you have to get ready! We have an hour before we need to be down at the bay" I say matter-of-factly. 

"What if we skip today's activities, and stay in instead" he jokes. 

"I don't think our friends would be too happy if we skipped the activities they planned for us! We'll be finished by 2 pm and we have the rest of the day to ourselves!"I say, taking his hand and leading him back inside, "Get ready and I'll go make you some coffee."

I come back upstairs to find Matthew with a towel wrapped around his waist searching through his suitcase. God, I could stare at him all day, he's more muscular than one would imagine with his tall thin frame. I walk over to set his coffee on the bedside table and wrap my arms around his waist, resting my head on his back. 

"Hey I have to get ready!" he says sarcastically.

"Maybe we could spend the day inside," I say kissing up and down his spine.

"Really?" He asks excitedly, turning to face me.

"No silly, now get ready," I say standing on my tiptoes kissing his cheek. I laugh and head downstairs. 

We go on the boating expedition the "team" planned for us, but things don't go quite as expected. As soon as we dock, Matthew and I head back to the house sooner than we thought we would.

"Well at least we get to spend the rest of the day inside," I say jokingly. 

"Spending the day inside, you having a sprained ankle was NOT what I had in mind," Matthew says. 

"I'm fine, who knew fish guts would be so slippery..."I say laughing "I will need you to help me up the stairs though so I can take a shower and wash this gunk out of my hair"

"Anything for you my dear. I still can't believe they set us up to go out on a fishing boat to catch and clean the fish right there on the boat!" says Matthew. 

"I thought it was fun!" I say as we enter the house. I hobble towards the stairs, but Matthew comes up behind me, scooping me up in his arms and walks me upstairs to the bathroom. 

"Run yourself a nice hot bubble bath, I'll grab some clean clothes and ice for your ankle," Matthew says sitting me on the counter next to the sink. He kisses my forehead and leaves the bathroom. 

I hop down off the counter, careful not to put much weight on my ankle, I turn on the shower, let my hair down and slip out of my clothes. I step into the warm water and wash the goo out of my hair. 

"I thought I told you to take a nice hot bubble bath?" I hear Matthew says from outside the shower door. 

"I needed to wash the goo out of my hair first! Would you want to sit in a tub full of your own filth water?" I shout over the sound of the water running. 

"I never thought of it like that, just hurry up, I'll get your bath ready," Matthew says.

I finish washing my hair and scrubbing my body until I feel clean again. I reach out of the shower grab my towel from the hook and step out. I stand in awe, mouth hanging open. There is Matthew standing in front of the jacuzzi tub, the lights are dimmed, candles are lit and there are two glasses of champagne sitting on the edge of the tub. 

"What's all this?" I ask.

"I know I joked about wanting to stay in today, and we get to do that now. I feel bad it's because you hurt your ankle so I wanted to make the rest of the day special." Matthew says handing me a glass of champagne. We toast and Matthew helps me into the tub, he goes to walk away. 

"You're not just gonna leave me in here to enjoy this champagne by myself are you?" I ask with a devilish smirk. 

Matthew smiles, "of course not my dear." he takes off his shirt and shorts he was wearing. I look away blushing as he slips his boxers off and steps into the tub. He sits across from me his toes rubbing the side of my thighs. I laugh when he hits a ticklish spot. I lean over kissing him softly on the lips, my hand snaking around his neck, he grabs my waist and pulls me onto his lap, being careful of my ankle. I wrap my legs around his waist, pulling myself closer to him. His hands rub up and down my back, my chest, dripping wet pressed against him. I can feel his breathing getting heavier. His lips leave mine, making their way down my neck, sending shivers down my spine. He cups my breast in his hand, massaging my nipple with his thumb. He kisses my breast and takes it in his mouth, running circles around my nipple with his tongue. He sucks before nipping at my breast with more force than I was expecting, I gasp and tense my body against his. I can feel him smiling against my breast. He leaves a trail of kisses on my chest and he repeats his actions on the other side. Again I gasp and tense against his body. He peppers kisses up my chest and neck until our lips meet in a forceful passionate kiss. 

We spend the next few days taking it easy while sightseeing, having a blast on the activities planned for us, enjoying amazing food. After a few days, my ankle is feeling better and we are able to explore the area a bit more. The end of the week comes too soon, we pack our bags and head to the airport.  By the time we arrive home from the airport, I'm asleep in the passenger seat of Matthew's car. Leaving the suitcases until morning, Matthew scoops me up and carries me to our bed, laying me down gently before crawling in next to me, pulling me closer to him. I stir next to him and wake up slightly.

"Are we home?" I ask groggily.

"We are home my dear, now go back to sleep," Matthew says stroking my hair. 

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere else," I say as I fall back to sleep, my head resting on Matthew's chest. Nothing feels better than laying next to my husband in our own bed.