Part 2

We return to the Atrium via the elevator, as soon as we step around the corner, Monica starts to wipe away tears, she already knows. As Kirk looks on confused, Prince let's loose of my hand and walks over to him. Quiet words are exchanged, a surprised look from Kirk at me before a huge smile spreads across his face. "Congratulations, man!" as he pats Prince on the back.

Prince gets that bashful manner as he looks at the floor for a second, and even I feel slightly embarrassed. I mean, everyone has sex, and obviously we had just gotten married, but being congratulated for it seems a bit weird, we all know how this baby got made. Kirk approaches me after Monica has released me from her tearful hug, he looks awkward as he extends his arms for a hug, but I step into them without hesitation because I can tell his happiness for us is genuine.

After the hugs and congratulations, Monica and Kirk resume their normal activities and Prince asks, "Have you eaten?"

My expression is pained, "No, and I don't think I could keep anything down right now anyway."

"You need to eat," he's serious, "Come on."

"Oh, jeez," I say as he starts leading me into the kitchen.

Ray smiles when he sees us enter, "Hey, there, newlyweds!" This is the first time he's seen us together since before the wedding. With their restaurant, he and his wife were unable to come to Tennessee for the ceremony.

As Ray pulls me in for a hug, Prince says, "You can add parents to be." I gape at Prince for not keeping quiet, as Ray holds me out at arms length for confirmation. When I nod at Ray a huge smile crosses his face and Prince tells him, "I'll need you to start altering her meals to whatever she'll need for a healthy pregnancy." Now, it makes sense why Prince was so quick to spill the beans, so to speak.

"Of course," Ray's happy to assist. "Are you hungry now?" When I grimace and shake my head, he nods understandably. "I have just the thing," Ray hurries to prepare me a tea, and reaching into a cupboard, pulls out a bag of pretzel twists and pours out a little bowl.

When Ray offers me the bowl, I take it as if it was a gourmet meal and immediately start munching on them. As the first pretzel is chewed and swallowed, I'm instantly ravenous. Prince watches as I quickly devour the small portion of pretzels, and says, "That wasn't exactly what I had in mind, Ray."

He laughs, "I know, but if she's already feeling sick," I nod, "then she'll eat whatever she can keep down for now." Ray hands me a steaming mug, "Lemon Ginger, this will help, too." Between the pretzels and the tea, my stomach starts to settle. I'm sure this wave of nausea was brought on by all the excitement, I think to myself, surely I can't be experiencing morning sickness already. Prince's expression relaxes as he sees I'm feeling more comfortable since eating the pretzels.

We thank Ray and leave the kitchen, but not before he hands me a little baggie full of the pretzels, "Keep these with you," he winks.

In the dining area, I turn to Prince. "You need to get back to whatever you were in the middle of before I disturbed you," I remind him and his face is priceless when he remembers that he was in the middle of recording.

"Oh, boy," he says, and I can tell he left everything still in motion when he came to see who had the audacity to knock on his door.

"I'm sorry," I apologize.

He laughs, "It's fine, I'm glad you had to pee."

He pulls me in for a soft kiss. His hand travels from my hip to my belly, before he bends to kiss where his hand was. He speaks to my stomach, "I'll see you and your Mama later," he smiles up at me and my eyes are filled with tears.

I blink quickly, "Prince you give me shivers when you do that."

"Then you'd better get used to it," he grins. "I'll be home soon," I get another kiss, on the cheek this time, and he strides off toward the studio.

Gathering my coat from the armchair, I tuck my bag of pretzels into the side pocket and head home.