Part 18

Prince continues to play his guitar and I continue to prune and deadhead along the edge of the yard. Anytime I stop and place my hands on the small of my back or rest them over my belly, I can feel him watching me. He is hyper attentive right now and for good reason.

I return the pruners to the back porch and kiss his cheek as I go past him into the house to grab us some water. When I return, I sit next to him, and close my eyes, resting my folded hands on my belly, letting his music soothe me. The baby had been pretty active while I was out in the garden, but now he even seems to be intent on the music.

The song comes to an end and I'm slightly disappointed when Prince removes the guitar from his lap and sets it on the ground. He comes over in front of me and drops to his knees, and parts mine so he can get closer to my belly. His hands move over it like someone trying to see the future in a crystal ball, he smiles up at me. He begins to sing acapella to the baby, I don't recognize the lyrics, and chances are, he just made it up. The baby responds immediately, pulling toward his voice and we both grin like fools.

"Every time I think I couldn't possibly love you more," I say as I look down at him.

He finishes singing, then looks at me, "Ramiel what?" he asks softly.

The quickness that the question was asked throws me, I frown and shake my head, "What do you mean Ramiel what?"

"His middle name," Prince is still on his knees in front of me.

"Oh," I realize what he's asking, "Prince Ramiel was what I was thinking, but I want to call him Ramiel, at least until he can choose what he wants to be called."

His eyes light up as he stands, "Really?"

"And you would both will have the same initials, too," I toss in as a bonus. I begin to think out loud, "Who knows, he may end up hating the name Ramiel, and will want to go by Prince."

As Prince is thinking, a new thought enters my mind and gets vocalized, "Or he could dislike both names and we failed as parents," I say in a defeated manner.

This causes him to laugh, "Well, then he can wait until he's legally old enough to change it to what he wants." He leans back over and kisses my belly, and tests the name again in a whisper, "Ramiel." He's not sold yet, but he's coming around. He looks up suddenly, "We need to talk about that pillow."

I laugh at the super quick change of subject, but I nod, "Yeah, it was perfect when you weren't here, but..." I grimace, "they had different ones at the store."

"Then we need to go get one, and maybe stop by Paisley for a little bit."

Ah, I think, ulterior motives. "Let me get changed," I start to stand.

He frowns and shakes his head, "I think you look cute in what you're wearing."

I eye him disbelievingly, "Cute?" I laugh, "I look very pregnant."

"Exactly," there's a sparkle in his eyes as he takes my hand and leads me back into the house.