Part 9

Each week seems to bring new changes to my body and sometimes my moods, Prince remains uber patient as we enter preparation mode. Prince had decided we need a nursery/playroom at Paisley and since I need something to do, I offer to step in to decorate it.  When I share my vision of 'bringing the outdoors in' I was told to run with it. 

Painters were hired to come in and do the initial coverage of blue and purple swirling together, then lavender to pink, with big fluffy clouds.   When they were done, I got to work adding trees, water, flowers, butterflies and even a little frog prince as an inside joke. 

At 20 weeks, I am at my halfway mark and this particular day while we're at Paisley, I have slipped off my low heels and am padding around the building barefoot while taking a break from painting the playroom

Prince is in his office with the door ajar when I pad in barefoot and plop into the chair across from him.  He has been smiling at me since he watched me walk in the door, "Barefoot and pregnant," he jokes, "Where are your shoes, Sugar?"

"My feet are swollen and they're killing me, so my shoes are in the playroom."

He nods, amused, "How it going?  I would like to get it furnished soon."

"Almost done, actually."  He hasn't been allowed in there since I started, so I ask, "Do you have a minute to come see it?"

He stands immediately, "I have all the time in the world for anything that has to do with our son."  He comes around his desk and offers his hand to me, he frowns when he looks down, "Your ankles are swollen, too.  After you show me the playroom, I think you better get off your feet for awhile."

I stand and stretch my back, his hands move straight to my belly, it's where they always seem to be drawn anymore.   As his fingers touch, I feel a slight flutter within and I smile, "Yes, it's your daddy," I say out loud. 

Prince grins knowing his son is reacting to his touch.  "I wish I could feel him move," he says, disappointed that he can't feel anything just yet. 

"It won't be long," I kiss his cheek. "Waddle after me," I say jokingly as I turn and motion him to follow. 

He laughs, "It's the most beautiful waddle I've ever seen."

"I knew it!"   I sigh and slouch in defeat now that it has been confirmed.

"It's barely noticeable," he grins as he puts his arm around my disappearing waist.  "Come on, show me that room."

*******

At 23 weeks, my belly feeling firmer and I'm finding it uncomfortable to do a lot of things like bending, for example.  Even when I had carried the extra weight before I had met Prince, the belly fat was more yielding and I wasn't as uncomfortable as I am now.   The occasional sleeping on my stomach is no longer a possibility, and I'm actually finding some comfort in slipping a small pillow under my belly when I sleep on my side. 

As for my sleeping schedule, it now matches Prince's even more, because I seem to be awake most of the night.  Every time I crawl into bed to try to sleep, it feels like the baby is practicing somersaults and I soon give up and end up roaming the house most of the night.  What I don't find surprising is the baby's reaction to music, especially when Prince is playing, he turns into a little Mexican jumping bean inside my tummy.   This pleases Prince to no end, he just grins, "He's gonna be funky, just like me."

What doesn't exactly please us is the Braxton Hicks contractions I now experience after sex, this has really put a damper on our love life.  We are not abstaining, especially since my libido seems to be on overdrive, but our sessions are well spaced in between.  

With one more monthly appointment completed with flying colors, we schedule our last monthly appointment before we move into the standard two week appointments for the next stage of the pregnancy.  Prince has not performed since March 15 and I can tell he's getting antsy to get back to the touring now that we are completely done nesting and everything is ready for the baby's arrival.   

We discuss our options for him continuing with the tour, and reluctantly we both agree that he goes on while I stay home. 

"I don't want to leave you, Sugar," he whispers as he holds me.

"I'd rather be there with you, but I'll be fine.  This is kinda your thing," I try to assure us both.

His hand rests on my stomach, "This is kinda my thing, too," he jokes before kissing me tenderly, "I'll call you everyday, I promise."