Part 11

Having Angel and Derik here for a visit really helps me take my mind off of Prince being away. He is still calling daily to check in with me, but he keeps the calls brief so I don't ignore my guests. While they're here, we spend most of our time in the garden, and with everyone's help, what little weed population that was flourishing is soon eradicated. Angel was blown away by seeing the yard in person versus all the photos I've sent her, "It's gorgeous," she says as she spins taking it all in.

We talk about anything and everything, but mostly about pregnancies when Marcus and Derik are out of earshot. She's ecstatic that mine is going so well, but then she proceeds to ultimately scare me to death about birthing and the recovery. "You might as well just buy yourself some adult diapers now for all the blood there's going to be," she laughs, "and don't even get me started on all the poop."

"Well, yeah, babies poop," I toss back with a shrug.

She laughs, "I'm talking about you, and don't be surprised if that's the first thing you push out during your delivery."

Now I'm completely horrified, I can't even pee in front of Prince, now I might poop. "Maybe I'll require a cesarean," I say hopefully.

"You're better off to have it vaginally from what I've always understood," she continues, "or at least that's what my doctor told me years ago," she looks over at Derik.

"You would do it again, though?" I ask.

She thinks for a second, "Yeah," she grins, "in a heartbeat."

For as worried as she had me, it can't that bad if she would be willing to do it all over again. We watch as Marcus and Derik play together in the yard for hours every day that they're here. "They've really bonded, haven't they?" I ask.

She smiles and nods, "Me, too. I think this could be getting serious, we really miss him during the week."

"He's a great guy, Angel, I hope this all works out."

When I shake my head and tears start to form, she asks, "What now, weepy woman?"

I blot tears, "I know, all this crying is ridiculous," I sniff and laugh. "I was just thinking, all this started from one little want ad."

Now her eyes fill with tears as she watches them play, "Yeah." She wipes away a tear, "You better stop all this sappy stuff," she stands and helps pull me out of my chair, "Let's go for a walk."

With the boys occupied we take a leisurely stroll through the neighborhood, I really don't know any of the people, but anyone that was out waved as we walked by.

*******

The day arrives for Angel and Derik to leave to go home and we're all sad. I wished she could have stayed longer, but it definitely helped make the past four days zoom by. Prince still has just over a week left on this leg of the tour, so my time without him home is finally coming to an end. I'm excited about having him back home, especially since I just have over a month left for the due date.