Part 50

Ramiel doesn't care that we're in another state when he starts his fussy grunts, waking me at his usual morning feeding time.  I groan as I roll over, but my not getting enough sleep has nothing to do with the baby. Getting up, I smile when I look back at Prince who is still sleeping peacefully. Yeah, it's his fault, I think to myself.  He was the one that initiated the encore performance last night, but there's no way am I'm going to complain.  When I return to the bed with Ramiel, I feel Prince stir beside me, cuddling his body along mine, he makes the struggle real for me not to fall back asleep again.  When I finally roll over to switch breasts, I wake Prince by tracing his upper eyebrow with my finger. His eyes open slowly and he blinks a few times.  With his raspy morning voice and a soft smile, he says, "Good morning, Sugar." 

"Good morning, and Happy Anniversary," I whisper back.

He grins, "Happy Anniversary," first, he leans to kiss me, before he bows his head to kiss the top of Ramiel's as he nurses. "My loves," his hushed whisper barely audible as his eyes travel back and forth between my face and Ramiel.  "What time is it?" I frown, his sudden question throws me as he sits up in bed to get a better glimpse at the clock on my nightstand. "You have a massage appointment in a little over two hours," he says as he kisses my cheek, then uncovers himself to exit the bed.  I smile as I watch his little butt flex as he walks to the bathroom, but I have to bite my lip to keep from snickering when my eyes travel down to his socks.  I shake my head, that will never cease to amuse me.

Two hours later, Prince and Ramiel are dressed, but I remain in my robe so I'm ready for when the masseuse arrives.   Since we have eaten, but Ramiel hasn't since first thing this morning, I'm in the process of pumping breast milk when she arrives.  Prince, who looks just as natural and comfortable toting Ramiel around as he does his guitars, arrives at the elevator doors to escort the masseuse to the bedroom for her to set up.  

With two fresh bottles of milk waiting, and Prince reading to Ramiel, the masseuse lets me know she's ready.  I mouth the words, 'thank you' to Prince before I head to the bedroom, he smiles with sparkling eyes, but only nods subtly.  The man is generous by nature, yet seems uncomfortable to accept thanks or gratitude for his actions, but I always want him to know I appreciate him.  

Ninety minutes later I exit the bedroom, relaxed as a wet noodle.  Prince chuckles when I cozy up next to him on the sofa, placing my head on his shoulder. He sets his book down, "Was it good?"

"I may or may not have fallen asleep," I confess. Prince rests his head onto mine and chuckles.  I move my eyes to Ramiel who's now snoozing away in the portable bassinet.  I know why, as I look at the bottles I had left, both contain just a small amount of milk left in the bottoms.  When the masseuse exits the bedroom carrying her table and supplies, I sit up knowing the gentleman that Prince is.  Sure enough, he's across the room and offers to carry the table to the elevator now that he's not holding Ramiel. The masseuse declines, so instead, he just escorts her to the elevator doors. I hear him thank her, and see a folded bill passed to her before the doors close.  When he returns to the sofa, I stand, "I better get dressed.  We have dinner reservations, I assume?"

"We do," he says, glancing at Ramiel sleeping, then follows me into the bedroom.  

"I have to take a quick shower," I remind him, "Massage oil."

"I know," he says, but this doesn't stop him from watching me take one, or helping me by picking out my undergarments and finally a dress. 

When I sit down at the vanity, he selects and secures some of my hair loosely away from my face while I apply my makeup.  "You spoil me," I tell him when I'm ready, he just kisses my cheek, grins, and struts proudly from the room when he hears Ramiel start to fuss.