Part 24

At first we just stand in the foyer for a loss of what to do until I announce, "I'm hungry."

"I'll call Ray," Prince offers.

"No, don't bother him," I say as I walk towards the kitchen, "I'm not wanting much, my stomach is a little aggravated from all the excitement, but I'm still hungry." This is true, also, Gretchen warned me to keep my meals light, "Anything you eat will have to clear out before the birth, so make it easy on yourself."

I pull out some quinoa and start to prepare it in a skillet, while I begin to chop up some spinach, a bell pepper, zucchini, and grape tomatoes to toss in. Prince sets up the area for us to eat, while I check the progress of the quinoa and add some bay leaves. "Is there anything else I can do?" he asks as he watches the quick meal come together.

"No, thank you," I smile at him, "maybe later, though." I pat his tush and his eyes get big, but he leaves my side to retrieve some plates with a definite swagger.

As we sit side by side to eat, he sneaks glances at me, "How are you feeling?"

"Fine, just that ache in my back," I say unhappily. "I know we still have over a week left, but I was hopeful today," I admit.

"I know you were, but it's still early," he shrugs before he takes another bite, "This is good, Sugar."

I laugh at his change of subject, "Thank you." We finish eating quietly, it's been an eventful uneventful day and we are coming down from what I'm considering a false alarm.

The day is slipping into evening, so we hurry and tidy up the kitchen together and return to the backyard before the mosquitos get too bad. I walk the yard aimlessly, Prince plays his guitar while sitting on the patio, every time I glance his way, he smiles, he's even more watchful than he has been. At the first slap at a mosquito, I head towards him, I don't hide my disappointment, so he sets down his guitar and pulls me close. "Watch television with me?" he asks. When I nod, he leans in and kisses me tenderly. With one hand he grabs his guitar, the other he takes mine and we head inside to the sofa.

He takes his usual place at the end and situates a pillow against his leg for my head, then holds another one for me, knowing I'll need to support my belly. I cuddle up next to him and his hand that rests on my arm idly caresses. I pull the pillow from under my head and put it between my stacked knees to help relieve the pressure on my back. Prince watches me curiously for for a second then focuses back on the television.

I kiss his leg and set my hand on his knee, slowly running my fingers over the silky fabric of his pants. I ease my hand further up his inner thigh, only to have his non caressing hand stop mine. "I know what you're doing," he says evenly. Only his eyes look down at me and he shakes his head slowly.

"Wanna make out?" I ask playfully and give him the eyebrow wiggle. He flashes me some side eye and when I pretend to pout, he caves enough to offer a sideways smile.

"Sugar, does it have to be tonight?" he asks gently.

"Sex or the baby?" I ask, he rarely turns me down when I initiate intimacy.

"Is that the only reason? Are you trying to speed things up?" he studies my face.

"No, that's not my main reason. I mean, if it helps, great, but I was thinking since we're getting close," I start to slide my hand upwards again, "I would love to make love to you before we can't." My fingers touch on the tip of his penis through the thin fabric, I trace my finger over the ridge. His eyes close and he wets his lips, when my finger runs over that little cleft on the underside of the head he lets out a soft moan. "Please, make love to me, Prince," I whisper, he swallows.

His eyes open dreamily, and he looks down at me, "Come on," he says gently, but laughs when I grin and scramble off of the sofa in all my awkwardness. He turns off the television and leads me to the elevator. "You're incorrigible," he tells me on the way up.

"No, I'm not. Honestly, how can you blame me for not wanting this?" I stroke him again through his pants, he's already slightly hard. "I've only been violated twice today, and not exactly my idea of a good time, might I add," I wrinkle my nose. "I'd rather have you inside me," I whisper.

His eyelids flutter closed with that last sentence. We exit the elevator, and he surprises me by leading me to the bathroom door and pointing, "Pee."

I grin as I head into the bathroom, he's definitely on board.