Part 16

Part 16

After we eat dinner together, we spend the remainder of the evening just chilling out in front of the television. I don't watch much TV when Prince isn't around and it still totally amazes me that he's such a TV guy, plus it's not just sports. Half of the things he does watch I have very little interest in, but I choose to stay cuddled close. He doesn't even seem to mind when I occasionally read during his television time, just so long as I'm near.

Tonight is different, though, I'm totally involved as we're watching some sitcoms. Prince is all man-spread on the end of the sofa, I'm laying with my head on his thigh and my belly propped with a couple throw pillows, we chit chat during commercials.

When the program we're watching ends, I sit up and look at him, "Prince, there are a couple things we need to talk about," I chose my words cautiously.

"Is there something wrong, Sugar?" His face shows concern as the television gets clicked off, he turns himself to face me.

"Nothing is wrong, but there are a couple things I wanted to bring up since we're running out of time here," I take hold of my belly.

"Okay," he's curious.

I look down, then back up to meet his eyes, "The hospital does water births, and..."

No sooner then I began, he crosses his legs, and his jaw sets, "No."

Tears well in my eyes, "Please give me a chance, just listen, that's all I ask."

His position remains unchanged, but seeing my tears he has softened his expression. He sighs, "Okay, go on. I'm listening."

"The hospital does water births," I start over, "both the midwife and our doctor can be there. Prince, our doctor is concerned about complications with my age, she said even though this had been a model pregnancy, things can happen during delivery." He nods, letting me know he's listening. "They have birthing suites, it's kind of like a hotel room, and it's private. We can't have candles burning like you wanted, though, but we can have music playing. That way if either me, or the baby, are in danger, we can get immediate help."

He takes a deep breath, but doesn't say anything right away. He takes my hands in his, "I really wanted to have the baby here, in our home, not some hospital," he spits the word.

"I know, but just promise to think about it, please."

Another deep breath, he nods, "What's the other thing?"

"The name," I cringe, this one's going to hurt a bit.

"What wrong with Prince?!"

"Can you tell me you never got picked on growing up? How many times were you called Princess?"

Both questions make him flinch, "Yes, but everyone knows who I am, and what I stand for. I'm well respected."

"Yes, you've made the name. What if our son doesn't want to follow in your footsteps? Maybe give him a chance to be his own person." I look at him pleadingly, "Again, I'm not saying we're carving any of this in stone, I just want you to think about it."

This time he looks a little crestfallen, but he nods quietly. "I suppose you have another name in mind?"

"I did come across something, but we'll talk about that later. I just wanted to get these thoughts out, we don't have to make any decisions tonight."

I can see the wheels turning in his head, and that's all I can ask for right now. The TV gets clicked back on and we watch for a little bit longer, until I start to doze.

"Sugar, get some rest, I'll be up in a little while."

I nod as I sit up. "I just have a couple things to do in my office." A kiss gets placed on my forehead, then one on my belly, " 'Night."

He heads to his office and I waddle up the stairs.