one

[third pov]

"minju, get him a towel."

there was a brief echo from her steps as the girl took the piece of cloth hanging on the rack.

lying on the newly waxed floor was a boy. his dyed brown hair cushioned the impact from the hit.

"are you okay?"

his eyes blinked a couple of times before focusing on the face in front of his own.

the blurred image soon cleared out to a lean face, whose eyes strangely resembled a pair of strawberries.

a strange description.

the brown haired boy struggled to get up, as a painful sting covered his lower abdomen.

"don't move. you're hurt."

the same girl from before, minju, grabbed the damp towel and spread it across his stomach. the pain increased and his face scrunched up in pain.

"the ambulance is coming!" a faint voice shouted from the distance. he groaned in pain as he turned his head to the side. loud sirens echoed throughout the building as people rushed inside.

"can you hear me?"

he eyed the paramedic as they shone a light into his eyes. his head nodded slightly, giving a rush of relief to the man.

"min..." his voice croaked out while he scanned the ambulance. there was no sign of the girl who had helped him.

"i'm right here." a soothing voice echoed through his ears as his eyes found its way to the owner.

a smile slowly spread across his bruised face. it was then until everything started fading away and his vision turned black.

"goodbye."