twelve

| felix's pov |

the judge nodded carefully while changbin continued. "once we arrived downstairs, hyunjin was beside minju and he was helping stop the bleeding with his shirt."

the defender nodded at changbin and did the same. "thank you, you may return to your seat."

as changbin left the testimony seat, the prosecutor held up a bagged evidence.

"is this the shirt you used that night, mr. hwang?" he asked while hyunjin nodded. he passed the bag to the front.

"perhaps you were frightened by your own actions and was filled with regret for stabbing the victim!"

my breath staggered as my grip tightened around the arms of the chair. how could he twist the story so much?

"is that why you helped? was it because you were scared!" the prosecutor slammed his hands down and hyunjin jumped up.

"n-no, no. i was only helping!" hyunjin pleaded while standing from his seat. "i didn't kill her!" he shouted, jolting up against the bars as the guards held him back.

"order in the court! prosecutor, you may stop now." the judge shouted. he smirked before taking a seat.

"i will now call my last witness, lee felix. please come to the front." the defender gestured me to the front.

"we understand that you weren't in your best mentality that night, but you're also a key witness."

he calmed me down, as I was clearly trembling in fear.

"now, tell us something." the defender clasped his hands together. my hands were breaking out into a cold sweat.

"is hyunjin dear to you?"