thirty-three

| third pov |

the room became silent. felix took in the story, soaking it into his thoughts.

"min-" he started in a gentle voice.

"minho." hyunjin interrupted, walking into the room. the older boy turned around in shock.

minju stopped fighting back as she grew tired. she felt the knife against her neck, but she held her fear back.

"don't come closer." minho shouted, pointing the knife at hyunjin. he stopped walking and placed his hands up.

"i just want to talk to you." hyunjin stared into minho's eyes. the boy slowly dropped his hand before letting go of minju.

felix caught her and comforted her. she was shaking but she calmed herself down after felix said a few relaxing words.

"i just wanted to help you..." minho whispered quietly, holding his hands to cover his face.

his voice cracked from his tears as he dropped to the floor. hyunjin kneeled down in front of him.

he picked up minho's hand and took the knife away. it dropped on the floor beside them.

unlike the pair of eyes felix had seen that night in the alleyway, minho looked up and stared at hyunjin with sad eyes. 

quickly, felix helped untie changbin as they moved to a safe spot. steady footsteps ran down the hall as officers surrounded the room.

they pointed their guns at minho but felix stopped them. he placed a finger on his lips and gestured to what was happening.

it was so quiet, no one moved. minho paid no attention to the police because he was too focused on something else.

something he hadn't seen in a long time. it reminded him all over again; the reason for why he fell in love.

hyunjin smiled, clasping his hands around minho's.

"thank you."