fourteen

| felix's pov |

my heart pounded so loudly, i couldn't hear changbin beside me. i was completely useless; i couldn't even convince them that hyunjin was innocent-

"felix?"

i snapped out of my trance and looked at changbin. "huh?" his expression softened as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"it's going to be alright, hyunjin is going be okay. just calm down." he told me in a relaxed voice, but i could tell he was just as scared.

shortly after, we all shuffled back inside the courtroom. hyunjin was seated in the middle, in front of the judge.

changbin and i sat beside hyunjin's mother. she slightly smiled before turning away sadly.

my fingers tightened around the hem of my shirt. it was too quiet and it made me anxious.

"hwang hyunjin, accused of murdering hwang minju on november 22nd at 3:47 AM." he spoke in a clear voice. i gulped as i waited for an answer.

"the jury has hereby announced that the defendant as guilty.

my arms dropped as i froze. hyunjin's mother burst in tears as changbin comforted her.

"wait! i didn't kill her! it wasn't me, i was a witness! please!" hyunjin shouted as the guards pulled him back. his eyes were pleading them for another chance.

"hyunjin!" i frantically called out to him. "he didn't kill her, your honour! please!"

i ran out, trying to reach the judge. but before i could, a guard stepped in my way.

my pulse quickened and i couldn't hear anything. the last thing i saw was hyunjin giving me the smile that comforted me the most.

and then i blacked out.