thirty-two

| minho's pov |

i was a nobody.

in life, it would always be the actors and the audience. my whole life i've been watching the plays of other peoples lives.

during highschool, a boy caught my eye. he had nice brown hair, a bright smile, and he was perfect.

his name was hyunjin.

at first it started out as mere admiration. for an audience like me, i wouldn't dare interfere.

then it developed into something more. i found myself realizing this wasn't just admiration, it was love.

once i had gathered all my courage to confess, it was overthrown by fear. he was already in love with someone else.

hwang minju.

then i realized that i was a nobody. someone who had no role in his play. it wasn't my place.

all of that changed.

"i love you." minju giggled while hugging another boy. they were faced away from the door, not realizing that i was there.

i watched behind the door, witnessing the event that would soon ruin both of their lives.

she kissed him. acting as if she didn't already commit herself to someone else.

it gave me hope. this was my time to play a role in his play. it was her time to be the audience.

but then hyunjin was never the same. he didn't smile as much anymore, didn't shine as much.

since that day, i decided that i would play the villain in his play in order for him to have a happy ending.

i needed to get rid of the reason why he wasn't happy anymore.

i had to get rid of minju.