thirteen

| felix's pov |

"is hyunjin dear to you?"

my hands stopped trembling and i thought for a minute. is hyunjin dear to me? yeah, of course he is, he is my best friend who stayed by my side for many years. we were close and the most important thing was that i understood him.

i nodded as the defender nodded. "okay, let me ask you another question." he smiled. "is hyunjin someone you trust?" i nodded immediately.

"yes he is, sir." i leaned into the mic. the defender nodded before proceeding. "do you believe that hyunjin killed minju?"

"no, he wouldn't do that. i'm positive that he didn't kill her." a small bit of panic showed in my voice.

"objection! the witness was clearly intoxicated that night of the event and therefore, can not give a proper testimony." the prosecutor told the judge as he jumped from his seat.

the judge nodded in consideration before knocking the gable on the plate. "lee felix, you are to be dismissed from the stand."

the defenders eyes widened as he turned to argue. "no your honour, he is an important-" the judge slammed the gable and repeated what he had said before.

"y-yes, your honour." i stumbled out of the seat as i turned back to look at hyunjin. his eyes looked hopeless.

the court was dismissed as they talked to the jury. this was the time to decide the verdict.

guilty or innocent?