twenty-eight

| third pov |

"what are you doing here?"

they turned around, hyunjin was standing at the front door. he had a bag of food in his hands and the other held the keys.

"he was helping me with my homework." felix explained while eyeing the two.

"oh! uh, hyunjin this is minho-"

"i know who he is." hyunjin interrupted in a cold tone. minho immediately looked away as he gathered his stuff.

"i'm leaving now. bye felix." he stood from the couch and started walking away, until he paused.

"oh, and thank you." he turned around with a genuine smile. felix frowned, why was minho thanking him?

the younger boy was going to reply but he sped out the door, walking past hyunjin.

felix sat in the living room, confused about what had just happened.

the two didn't talk after until hyunjin spoke up.

"are you hungry? i bought some things to cook for you." the boy smiled, setting down the bag of ingredients.

felix nodded while smiling. "yeah thanks." he turned back to his papers as he gathered them back up a pile.

his phone lit up, it was a message from changbin.

changbin: hey, just dropped off minju at her dorm.

changbin: leaving soon.

felix: alright, thanks|

felix: actually, stay with her.

changbin is typing...

"hey felix." hyunjin called from the kitchen. felix looked up from his phone.

"yeah?"

there were a few sounds of drawers opening and a couple shuffling noises, until hyunjin sighed.

"have you seen the kitchen knife?"