Chapter Twelve Not my Problem

Bad at Love- Halsey

     "- and then I said from now on, my period will be known as shark week." She finishes, and I only smile slightly. Dallas was getting everything ready for us to leave, so I just lay in the bed, giving him glares every time he enter the room. I wish Sam were actually here. She would probably get me out of this, but I had to talk to her through my phone. I had her on speaker, and I had my phone lying next to me on the bed.

     "I mean, it's true. A shark's brain looks like a vagina." I say, nodding.

     "So, where have you been? It feels like I haven't seen you in forever." She groans. "I need my friend to rant to, to do things with. To talk about people we hate together. Speaking of that, guess what happened Sunday." I hate guessing.

     "What happened?" I ask, trying to get straight to the point.

     "Guess."

     "Um, Dallas didn't kill you." I look toward my phone.

     "Obviously, he didn't kill me." She responds. "I was at the mall when I saw them."

     "Saw who?" I ask, tired of how she's dragging it on.

     "Sierra." She says, and just like that, I perk up.

     "Your brother's girl toy?" I ask. "I hope you got something good on her so we can make her fall from her high horse."

     "She wasn't alone at the mall either." Sam says as the door opens, but I know who it is, so I don't look.

     "Was she with her posse? Well, I mean, she brings them everywhere, so it wouldn't be surprising."

     "She wasn't with her posse, Rex. She was with a guy. She brought him into Victoria's Secret." I roll my eyes.

     "See, another reason me and her are opposites. She's confident enough to bring a guy in Victoria's Secret. That would be so uncomfortable to me." I shiver for some reason as I feel eyes on me.

     "Same here, but that's not the point." 

     "What is the point of this then? Why are you telling me?"

     "Guess who the guy was."

     "Anyone but Channing Tatum." I say, looking up at the ceiling.

     "I hate how you play this guessing game." She grumbles. "She was with-"

     "Get up. We're leaving." Dallas says from somewhere next to me. I glance at him but don't move.

     "Are you with my brother?" She asks shock in her voice.

     "Sadly."

     "Have you secretly been with him all this time?" She asks, and I narrow my eyes.

     "What do you mean with him?" I ask slowly, waiting for the answer.

     "Are you and my brother together." She asks as suddenly I was making a gagging noise.

     "No, your brother and I are one hundred percent not together," I say, almost disgusted.

     "Thank God. That would be kind of awkward, seeing as how we both hate him."

     "I'm still here." Dallas says as if wanting us to hurry up and hang up with each other. Not gonna happen.

     "True," I ignore him. "Or how he hates us both." Suddenly she starts laughing.

     "I just thought of how if you guys got married. You would be trying to kill each other through the whole marriage. Like, imagine if you're both eighty-four and still trying to kill each other." She says as I imagine us as eighty-four years old and on opposite sides of the yard, running slowly at each other with our canes raised, and I burst out laughing. My stomach starts hurting as I stop laughing, wincing, and frowning, holding my stomach.