Chapter Seventy Hi and What

Secrets- One Republic

    "What are you doing?" I groaned tiredly. This was the first time I've actually woken up from sleep and I don't care. This was also the first time I'd woken up from sleep and a guy other than Jay was in my room. Dane glances at me before going back to the tv. He had two Wii remote controls in his hands and he had them up by his face before he starts punching the air. He was playing loud music for some reason and it was kind of, well, how would you feel if you had just woken up and someone was blaring loud rap music? And in your room? Well, it's not my room, but yeah.

     "I'm fighting someone. Shush for a second." He said, concentrating. Does he really have to concentrate that hard? He continues punching and I look at the tv to see his Wii character boxing another computer-generated one. I sigh, sitting up and just watching. Dane's Wii character gets knocked down and he starts shaking his controllers, trying to make him somehow get back up. "No, no. Come on, get back up! You son of a-" He stopped his sentence looking at me again before shaking his head and going back to the tv, growling.

     The game counts to ten and the computer-generated person wins. "Well, you tried. Now can you turn the music down?" I asked, running a hand through my hair and he looks back at me angrily, but his anger immediately fades away. Good, he shouldn't even be mad at me. I haven't done anything. Yet. Instead, Dane smiles at me and walks toward the bed, raising an eyebrow.

     "Notice anything different?" He asked and I looked around before staring at him again. I narrowed my eyes, bringing my hand up to play with my hair again when I notice it. I look just to be sure, and I was right. My chains, they're gone.

     "Why'd you take them off?" I asked, putting my hands in my lap and looking back up at him as he shrugs.

     "So you can play this game." He said, holding out a hand to help me up. I shook my head and cross my arms. The one thing I've missed doing so much since I've been chained up.

     "I don't want to play a game." I said, scooting back a little bit more. He narrowed his eyes and puts his hand down.

     "Why not?" He asked. He seemed so confused. Why does he seem so confused? There's nothing confusing about it.

     "Because I'm your captive and you and your brother are my kidnappers," I said. "Shouldn't you act more like my kidnapper instead of-" I raised my hands. "Giving me some freedom? Not that I'm complaining." Dane smirked and shifted.

     "It sounds a lot like you're complaining." He said. "Did you want those chains on your wrists?" I hesitated before shaking my head. "Exactly. Besides, I'm not the one who kidnapped you. That was all, Jay. However, I can see why he did. You're a pretty girl and you never would have talked to him if he ever tried to talk to you." I shook my head, looking away, mad that they thought of me that way. Not that I cared about how they thought of me. I didn't care. Not one bit.

     "That's where you're wrong," I said, still shaking my head. "I'm not one of those snobby uptight girls. I mean, yeah stranger-danger, but still."

     "I can see that," Dane said. "Now, look at me." I roll my eyes looking at him again. "Now, get your ass over here and play this game." A smile fights to be on my face, but I do my best to keep it off. I don't even understand why he wants me to play a stupid boxing game. You versus a computer dude. They could cheat or something, so you never win. And doesn't the game go against the rules of kidnappers and captives? The kidnapper shouldn't teach their captives to fight. Not that this game does. It's just a game.

     "Why do I have to play?" I asked, standing from the bed. He shrugs and holds out the Wii remotes for me to come and take. I shook my head and walk around the bed to him, hesitating before taking the remotes from him and holding them in my hands.