Chapter Sixty-Three Step Up Your Game

Acquainted- The Weekend

    I open my eyes to the light instantly blinding me and I groan, turning around and closing my eyes again. An arm tightens around me and I hesitate, opening my eyes and looking up. Dallas is staring at me and suddenly, he smiles. "Morning, sunshine." He says kissing my forehead, but I just keep staring at him blankly. I can't deal with this. I turn back around, facing the sun again, closing my eyes and trying to go back to sleep. First, though, I should correct him. It's a necessity that needs to happen because I think he has everything mixed up.

     "I'm not sunshine. I'm darkness," I say in a tired voice.

     "Okay, darkness." He grumbles. "Good morning, princess of darkness." I groan and tiredly reach behind me, trying to push him away.

     "Get out of my bed." I say, tiredness still laced in my voice.

     "Who's gonna make me?" He asks mischievously and I groan again.

     "I'm too tired for this so get the hell out of my bed." I groan, opening my eyes.

     "Why should I?" He asks, tightening his arm around my waist and pulling me back against him. "I'm quite comfortable." I roll my eyes and elbow him in the stomach, making him grunt. He's such a baby. I didn't even elbow him that hard.

     "Well, I'm not, so leave."

     "Awe, you're not comfortable?"

     "No, I'm not."

     "What can I do to make you more comfortable?" He asks, and if I were more awake, I would have noticed the mischievous tone in his voice.

     "You can leave." I grumble.

     "You sure there isn't anything else I can do?" I turn to where I'm lying on my back, and I look at him, studying his face. Ugh! He's a morning person. How can I deal with him knowing that?

     "Like what?" I ask, annoyed. He smirks as if I answered his question exactly how he wanted me to and before I know it, he is sitting on my waist, my wrists held together by his hands above my head, and I am suddenly wide awake. "Get off me. I'm not a morning person, so go away." He doesn't move. Instead, he just stares down at me. "That means get off me and go away." He still keeps staring down at me making me very uncomfortable. Not like I was gonna let him know that, though. I lift my head and lean forward as much as I can.

     "You know what I hate more than anything?" He raises his eyebrows waiting for me to continue. "Being stared at." I growl. He smiles.

     "Then I won't stare at you." He whispers and his eyes move to my neck. That is way worse than him staring at me.

     "Don't. Even. Think. About. It." I say, tilting my head a little and giving him a glare. His smile just grows as he leans forward and presses his warm lips against my neck. I'm going to kill the man. I don't care who he is, I don't care how much I'll regret it later, but I'm going to kill this man. How could you kill him after last night? Shut up. I am not thinking straight, I know that, but you need to just shut up. I roll my eyes. Here we go again. He moves his lips down to my collarbone as I start thinking about last night...

     We lay next to each other in the grass, staring up at the stars. It was a beautiful night and I was actually happy to be laying underneath the stars with him. He kept making jokes and teasing me, aggravating the hell out of me, but other than that, it was a wonderful night. I turn my head to look at him to find him already staring at me. His shirt was lying next to him because 'he was hot' so he was now shirtless. I roll my eyes and look back at the stars. "Stop staring at me." I grumble. I hate being stared at with a passion. It's creepy and it's weird and I just hate it and what's worse is that the person staring at me just so happens to be shirtless. Creep. Why is staring even a thing? I think there should be a law against staring I really do.