Chapter Forty-Two Family Sit Down

Don't you worry child- Swedish House Mafia.

      I sit on the bed looking at Dallas who is in front of me, by the door, sitting on the floor. I look at Sam who is on the opposite side of the room from him, staring at Dallas as he reads something on his phone. Seriously? Again? She's been doing this for the past hour. Staring at him like she's trying to figure him out. Her eyes meet mine and I shake my head as she quickly looks down at her phone. It doesn't last long because a few seconds pass and then she's staring at Dallas again.

     Dallas looks up, spotting Sam staring at him as he narrows his eyes. The worse thing is, she continues staring. Dallas looks at me, but I keep my eyes in a glare at Sam. Why does she have to make things so obvious? I shake my head, annoyed by her. Okay, I can't take this anymore. I stand up, march over to Sam, pull her up on her feet, and drag her out of the room and into the small living room/kitchen.

     "What the hell is your freaking problem?" I ask harshly, making her wince from my tone. I'm mad and don't say it's over something stupid because this is not stupid. If Dallas were smarter, he probably would have figured it out by now.

     "I'm sorry." She mumbles, hesitating and glancing at me. She wanted to tell me something. Great. Well, I guess I don't really have a choice.

     "Spit it out," I say, crossing my arms and sticking out a knee. She glances behind me as I look over my shoulder, spotting my dad at the counter reading a newspaper. "It's fine, he's deaf." I wave my hand.

     "Not as deaf as you think." I hear him mutter and I stare at him. "But I'm getting a message here so I'm gonna leave." He walks into the room we came from and I turn my eyes to Sam waiting for her.

     "Well?"

     "I wish my dad was like that."

     "Trust me, you couldn't handle anyone like my dad, now back to Dallas." I say and she sighs, irritated.

     "It's just, I can't believe he said that." She says. "He's not the type of guy to say that. I didn't even think he knew what the L word even means."

     "I still don't think he does," I say, shrugging. "I already told you. He said it was a misunderstanding. It doesn't mean anything to either of us."

     "If it doesn't mean anything to either of you," she starts. "why do you always say 'misunderstanding' so harshly? Like you don't want it to be." I step closer to her, holding anger in my eyes.

     "Let it go." I snap.

     "But-"

     "Not buts." I snap again. "Just drop it. You'd want me to if I were you."

     "No." She says, fake shivering. "That'd just be weird. He's my brother. That'd be incest." I shake my head and step back.

     "If you were me he wouldn't be your brother. Besides, it's not like we did anything. We came here, he slept on the couch, I slept on the bed." I say.

     "It still sounds weird." She mumbles, walking around me and sitting on the couch. "I'm so glad you live here." I give her a strange look and she shakes her head as I sit next to her. "Just that you live here in general. Where you're next to me. Where I can just come over and talk to you when I'm having a bad day or vis versa. Not the fact that you live with my brother. I mean, we could spy on him a lot easier..."

     "Don't get any ideas." I say, giving her a side glance.

     "You're no fun." She mumbles, crossing her arms like a child who's been told they can't have candy.