Chapter Fifty-Seven I'll Find You

Alone- Halsey ft. Big Sean and Stefflon Don

      "Please," I beg as soon as we get into the car. His hand reaches for the keys, but they hesitate, touching them, but he doesn't move. He looks at me as if questioning whether to trust me or not. I wouldn't trust me either, but I need this. I really do. I never thought I would, but it all happened the wrong way. It shouldn't have happened the way it did. It should have been when I was ready to; when I wanted to. My eyes plead for him to comply as I search his eyes for the answer. He doesn't want to take the stupid risk, but it is the only risk I am willing to take.

     "Please." I plead again, making tears sting my eyes. He sighs and starts to turn the keys, but he stops again and his eyes meet mine. He is debating it. I can tell with all the mixed emotions he showed on his face. I push the tears over and he shakes his head, looking away. A crying girl always gets her way, well, most of the time. I know Rocco doesn't know what to do with a girl who is crying. Hell, I am crying and I don't even know what to do with me. His eyes meet my tear-filled ones again, and he sighs, rubbing his face.

     "Why?" He groans, slamming his hand onto the wheel. I wanted to punch something too, but I restrain myself. I'm a tough girl. I can control my emotions. I'm not a baby. I'm a strong girl. Very strong. Instead, I cross my arms and pout, pushing out my bottom lip as he glances at me and immediately turns away, looking out his door window and shaking his head vigorously. He is breaking, but he doesn't want to. He is slowly coming to my side. He knows I need this and he knows if I don't get it, I'll bother him more and more.

     "I need this," I say. "You know I need it too. Otherwise, I'll keep giving you trouble and being stubborn and arguing with you. I won't give you peace, and you know it's true." He gives me a worried look knowing fully well it is true. "Just one time, and I'll never argue, I'll never give you trouble, and I'll never be stubborn." He gives me a look, and I know what I said. He didn't believe me. Hell, I didn't even believe me. I was telling lies to him and myself. "Okay, none of what I just said is true, but still. Please.

     "You know that if I don't do this, It'll be worse than it is now. And we all know that that is worse than anything." I say and he sighs again, leaning forward and laying his head against the steering wheel. He was thinking and I knew better than to interrupt his thinking methods. We sit in very quiet silence for a few seconds before he groans, annoyed and punches the steering wheel. I smile victoriously as he gives me a defeated look.

     "Fine," He says as I sit back in my seat, now satisfied, and he starts the car. "Fine, but I'll be watching the entire time-"

     "That's not creepy." I mutter as he shoots me a glare.

     "Would you like me to stand next to you and listen to every word?" He asks in a smooth voice as I look at him, holding the shock from my face.

     "You wouldn't," I say in a deadly voice, but it seems not to affect him. He just stares back at me. "Fine," I say. "Is there anything else?" I roll my eyes looking out my window, wishing I could be running away.

     "When I think of it, I'll let you know." He says, a smirk forming on his face. He thinks he just had a victory. Well, technically, he just did have a victory. I'll show him. I don't know when, I don't know how, but this is a battle he's not going to win. He looks behind himself before putting the car in drive and pulling onto the road and driving off. "We'll do it in Minnesota. That way, we won't give 'em hints at where we're going."

     "Where are we going?" I ask with narrow eyes, realizing he hasn't told me a single thing about it. All I know is we're not going to Minnesota and we're not going back to Wisconsin, so I have no idea of anything. He's keeping me out of the loop. Again.