Chapter Seventy-Seven Stay With Us

Fighter- Jamie Grace

      "What have you learned about him?" I ask Dexter quietly, not wanting to hear Dane say anything else to me and not wanting the guards to hear. "What have you learned about David so far?" Dexter sighs as he stares at a space in front of him between his legs and shifts a little.

     "Not much," Dexter says. "He fears Blake, that's why he hasn't made a move until now. Blake controls him. Now if she comes back from where ever she is-"

     "We may have a chance of getting out of here." I finish, and he nods as I lay my head back against the wall and groan. "That's if she comes back... We don't know where she is, and it's not like we can find her from here. Besides, it could be weeks before she came down here and realized what's going on."

     "Yeah, and it's not 'we' that could get out of here. It's you." Dexter says, not looking at me. "She knows I'm here, and she's allowing them to keep me here."

     "Maybe she'll make an exception." I say hopefully.

     "Why? For you? Ryder, she's a gang leader, she won't make an exception, and by the time she does, it could be too late." Dexter says, and I tilt my head down.

     "It'd be nice to have some hope right about now." I mumble.

(Dallas's POV)

     I look around, worried. I needed to find Ryder and I needed to find her now. I was in a house I didn't recognize and everything seemed incredibly bright. The sun shining in from the open windows brightens the room, making me flinch as I turn around, looking for where to go next. How did I get into this place? Whose house am I in? Why am I in it? I shake my head, looking around realizing I'm in the kitchen. In front of me, there was a huge window showing everything outside, but all I seemed to be able to see was white—a very bright white light.

     I hear laughing, and my head snaps to the left as I run through an open doorway and see Ryder sitting on the couch. She leans back, throwing her head back laughing at something,, and I almost laughed with her. "Ryder, where-" a little girl came into view, making my mouth stop moving. The words I was about to ask get stuck in my throat as I stare down at the little girl. She looks to be about three and looks almost exactly like a younger Ryder. She was beautiful. I look from Rex to the little girl and then back to Rex as she smiles at me.

     "Daddy!" The little girl shouts with joy as she runs to me, and instantly I kneel, letting her jump into my arms as I force myself to hold in a wince when she hits my shoulder.

     "Be careful, Gabriella," Rex says. "Remember your father hurt his shoulder." Father? Gabriella? Wait. Is- is this my daughter? I have a daughter? I pull the little girl back, studying her from head to toe before squeezing her in another hug. I have a beautiful little daughter. The little girl starts squirming in my arms and Rex laughs.

     "Let me go." The little girl cries, and I smile as tears form in my eyes.

     "Let her go, Dallas." Rex giggles. "You know how she likes to run around. How she can't stay in one place for long." I let the little girl go and she runs off, spinning in circles around the living room and laughing with joy. I look at Rex as she stands up from the couch and walks over to me. I stand with her. She wraps her arms around my neck and presses her lips against mine and I hold her tighter, kissing her back.

     "Ew!" The little girl cries as Rex and I break away and Rex laughs.

     "Gabby, do you want a kiss?" Rex asks, and the little girl's eyes widen as she shakes her head.