Chapter Fifteen Here You Are

May We All- Florida Georgia Line

    It felt like my wrists were handcuffed on either side of me, which caused my breathing to pick up. Did he get me again? Did he somehow find me? My heart starts beating faster and faster in my chest, and for a second, it's all I hear and all I feel. How could he have found me? I haven't done anything to let him know where I was. This can't be happening. But he usually ties my hands together, not apart...

     I was lying down on something that wasn't that comfortable, either. Wait. Was this- I open my eyes and look around the room I'm in. The plain white room. Oh God, this is so much worse. I'm at a hospital. There is a doctor with a mask on in the corner of the room watching me while holding up a needle in his hand. I hate hospitals. I hate hospitals. I shiver, watching him watch me. Why is he just standing here watching me?

      His mask covers half his face, his white lab coat down a little past his knees, with light blue pants and a blue shirt under his coat. Why is he wearing his mask like that? Why is he covering his face? Why is he holding a needle in his hand like that? Could my heart beat any faster? My heartbeat picks up as the monitor to my left starts making fast beeping sounds. The doctor person starts walking to me with slow steady steps as he continues staring at me.

      This is creepy. I start trying to get out of the handcuffs, yanking both of my wrists around like a crazy person as he gets closer and closer. Why is he walking like that? He isn't a doctor, is he? He's here to kill me. He takes my hand, pulling it out as I try to get it away, but he is stronger. He steadied my arm out and made me stop moving it as he slowly brought the needle down toward the vein in my arm. I scream, bringing my leg over and kicking him hard in the chest.

      He dropped the needle as it shattered on the ground, and he fell on his back, and the door burst open with nurses and a few other doctors. Then I spot Dallas and Archer behind all of them. I look away, trying to slow my breathing, but my eyes keep going to hospital stuff like scalpels, needles, the IV in my arm, gloves, and scissors, making my breathing pick up even more when I saw the doctor getting up. The nurses come to me and start holding my arms and legs down like I'm violent.

      Well... I keep struggling, crying out every now and then as they shout at each other and the doctor gets another shot ready. No, no, no. I can't do this. I kick one of the nurses back and then another as they both fall to the floor when I spot Dallas and Archer staring in shock. Why are they just standing there? I look away and start to turn away as the doctor holds the needle up. I hate needles. I shake my head violently, trying to get away from him as he comes closer and closer with the needle, again held high up.

      "Wait!" A voice shouts as everyone freezes, even me, after I kick another nurse away from me. Archer had his hand up like he was in school as everyone looked at him. "What is in the needle, sir?" I looked to the doctor waiting for his response as he looked at it.

      "Just something that will make her go to sleep." He says as he motions for a nurse to hold out my arm. I try to pull away, but three nurses hold my arm as the others hold my shoulders down.

      "I thought you wanted her to wake up?" Dallas asks, confused as I watch the needle go into my arm, causing me to cringe. He doesn't press it down yet.

      "We did, but she's hostile. Therefore, she needs to sleep." He says, about to push it down as a nurse sees his name tag.

      "Dr. Morgen?" She asks as he looks at her and nods.

      "Are you in the right room, sir?" Another nurse asks. "We're not supposed to put her to sleep."

      "Ryder Rexha?" He asks, and everyone nods. Why are they nodding? They can't just give out who I am like that. "This is the right room." He nods and starts to push down, but the nurses let go of my arm, and I yank my arm down, letting the needle come out. As the doctor looks around, confused. "What are you doing? Hold her down." All the nurses step back as one presses a button, and I kick the doctor in the face again.