Chapter Fifty-Eight Early Bird Gets The Worm

No Excuses- Meghan Trainor

    I open my eyes to see the sun shining directly in my eyes and I groan, turning away. I hate when I'm having a peaceful sleep and then I open my eyes and then suddenly I'm blind because someone decided to leave the window open to where the sun can stalk me through it and blind me when I choose to open my eyes! As you can tell, I'm not a morning person. What are mornings for anyway? And what about that saying 'the early bird gets the worm'? Um, how about I don't give a fuck. I'm a fucking late bird but I'm still gonna get the damn worm.

     Not that I'm actually gonna get a worm. That'd be weird, and I assume, disgusting. It would be, right? My eyes open again as I stare off into space. What do worms taste like? Dirt and soil I would assume, but what flavor are they? Are they a good flavor? Or are they a sour flavor? What about if you cook it? Would it taste better then? The door to my bedroom opens but I pay no attention to it. I'm currently in a serious conversation with myself. I could discover something. Would it be an important discovery? Yes! It would be.

     There's a movie about a guy who eats worms. I forgot what it's called. He would obviously know what they taste like. Okay, so this is all easy. All I have to do is find out the name of the movie, find the actor's name who played the character, discover his location and everything about him, then just go to his house and ask him. See? Easy? Now what the hell is the name of that movie? It's right on the tip of my tongue, but the name isn't coming to me. Oh, this is going to bother me so much. Ugh, and I don't have my phone to look it up. This day is going to suck.

     Ugh. Damn, this is literally going to bother me all day. This is something I have to know! Why do you hate me, Lord? I mentally scream in my head annoyed that everything is bothering me. By everything, I mean how I can't figure out what worms taste like. Why do I want to know? Because I freaking do, you got a problem? What do they taste like? Do they taste like dirt and slimy? Can worms bite? How do they eat? Am I just being stupid? I know worms don't bite... I think.

     "Well, does she sleep with her eyes open?" A voice says, and I instantly knew who it was. Dylan. Why was he in my room? Was my door not closed? Okay, Dallas Jr., I guess you want to die today. "I don't think she sleeping. It's kind of freaking me out." Good. You deserve to be freaked out. Murder's friend. Asshole. Son of a dick. Literally and figuratively. "Zoned out? I've waved my hand in front of her face, and I've snapped my fingers." He did? How did I not notice that? "Okay." He does something that I don't pay attention to and then I hear the sound of someone driving.

     "Ryder." Rocco says in a Dad tone and I roll my eyes.

     "She rolled her eyes." Dylan says.

     "She's good now," Rocco says. "Ryder, what were you zoned out about." Should I be honest? Honest people are the best and I really want to hear his reaction.

     "Rocco," I ask moving on the bed and sitting up with my back against the frame. I turn my eyes to Dylan before staring down at the phone in his hand. "Rocco, what do worms taste like?" It was silent on both ends and the silence was kind of worrying me. Is my question that absurd? Well. What would you do if someone asked you what worms taste like? But, I did ask myself that. I don't know the answer so now I'm asking them. Why are neither of them responding? Is it that bad of a question?

     "Ryder, why do you want to know what a worm tastes like?" Rocco asks as I ignore the crazy look Dylan is giving me.

     "Well, I just woke up, and I started thinking about how it was early, and I didn't want to get up, and then the saying 'the early bird gets the worm' popped into my head, and I was like 'I'm not going to get up early but I'm stilling got to get the fu- freaking worm' and then my mind went on to the discussion on whether worms tasted good or not," I say, explaining everything for some reason. "I mean, they'd probably taste like dirt and soil, but what flavor would they be? Would they be a good flavor or a bad one?