Chapter Forty-Five It's Still A Snake

Beautiful Trauma- Pink

     "And you're here because?" Archer asks as I sit next to him. Archer is next to me, behind him is Dallas, in front of Archer is Rocco, and in front of me is Eddie. It is good because none of them are behind me. If that happened, that would be a whole other story. That would be awful seeing as they like to pull pranks on each other. They just mess with each other a lot, and I'm glad they don't mess with me. I would kill them all. "Hello? Rex?" A hand waves in front of my eyes before I blink and shake my head.

     "What?" I ask looking at him now as he twitches his right eye. Rocco and Eddie suddenly become interested, I assume, because they turn and look at me. Dallas was already looking at me, so he didn't really change much except the small smile on his face, but you had to look closely to see it. Not that I was looking closely... I wasn't.

     "Maybe she just doesn't like you." I hear Eddie suggest.

     "Or maybe the explosion gave her a head injury and she's too ignorant to go to the hospital so we'd never know." I hear Rocco suggest as I roll my eyes.

     "Hey," Dallas says and we all look at him as he shakes his head. "This is not a place to bring that up."

     "You're just no fun." I mumble turning to sit at my desk the right way. Is there a right way to sit at a desk?

     "Nope, I don't think she has anything wrong with her brain." Rocco says.

     "The only thing wrong with my brain is you guys, because every time I hear anything come from your mouths, I don't know what happens, my brain cells just start going away, disappearing." I say, shrugging.

     "Someone's sassy today." Archer says and I pretend to be deep in thought again. It's fun messing with Archer. Every time you're having a bad day, mess with one of your friends, it's amazing. I promise it will make your day better.

     "I don't think she's listening again," Eddie says waving a hand in front of my face like Archer did the first time. I roll my eyes before punching his shoulder.

     "Do you ever listen?" He asks, playfully slamming his hand on his desk. I sigh, looking forward again.

     "To you?" I pretend to think. "No." I say bluntly.

     "Wow, and I call you friend." He says, sounding playfully hurt.

     "Yeah, you call me friend." I mumble as I pull out a notebook and pretend to start writing something.

     "What's that supposed to mean?" He asks right before the bell rings. I give him a sad look and then shrug.

     "It's time to pay attention now." I say pointing forward to the teacher that hasn't come in yet.

     "You? Pay attention?" He asks as Eddie stands up and I hold a smile off my face because I know what's about to happen. "Since when?"

     "Maybe she really doesn't like you." Rocco says, turning at his desk to face Archer. Here it goes. Eddie swipes Rocco's agenda off his desk and hides it behind his back.

     "I don't think that's it." Archer says, shaking his head.

     "Whatever helps you sleep at night." I mutter as Rocco smiles and then turns around to sit right at his desk just as Eddie hands the agenda to Archer and without hesitation, Archer holds it over his shoulder and Dallas takes it before shoving it in his binder and Eddie comes and stands by Dallas.

     "You know, Rex here is right. You are no fun." Eddie says, crossing his arms.

     "Rex is always right." Rocco mumbles and I smile happily.