The Selected Girls

America's POV

I sat on the couch in front of the tv hoping with all my might that I would not get picked. I couldn't get picked! I needed to stay here with my Aspen. The Aspen I was planning on marrying in the near future.

The tv showed his royal majesty King Clarkson and his wife Queen Amberley and their son. The one that if I got picked I would be fighting for. But I knew even if I got picked my heart would always belong to Aspen. Wait why am I even thinking of getting picked? It's like a one in billionth chance. Yeah right like out of all the girl in the Carolina province I would be the one who got picked. I calmed down just a tad thinking about my chances.

As the report comes on the TV,
I watched as my mom and both of my sisters inch closer to the tv so they were only a foot or so away. They were sitting in their knees and they looked like they were praying.

I rolled my eyes "You know you're eyes will really hurt after the Report is done? Right?" I asked and looked away. I didn't really want to sign up for the selection anyway.

"Stop being all glum this and glum that" Kena snapped at me. "You could become Queen!! Ohhh I can just see it now! My little sister ruling Illéa. I could die" my sister fanned herself.

"Like that will ever happen" I stated and just looked off into space thinking about my life with Aspen. I didn't care about the money or the house or any of the fancy things in life. All I cared about was that I would be with Aspen.

I thought of what was happening over at the Leger house. I thought of Kamber and Celia running circles around their family waiting to see who got picked. Kamber was my oldest and best friend from when I was little. We used to have tons of sleepover and share so many deep and dark secrets. I got out of my daze as they started listing off the names of the selected.

Gavril started with the province of Kent, a much bigger province than Carolina.

"Marlee Tames Of Kent 4"

"Tiny Lee of Dakota 3"

"Natalie Luca Of Bankston 4"

"Tuesday Keeper Of Waverly"

"Kiss Ambers Of Columbia 3"

"Celeste Newsome Of Clermont 2"

I heard him listing more and more names. They wouldn't matter until they got to Carolina I thought. Then my eyes were in full focus when he was about to say the selected from Carolina.

"Kamber Leger Of Carolina 6, our only 6 in the section and the first time ever we had a six."

I shot straight up and ran out of the house. I needed to go and see Kamber. I knew she wanted this so much and I was glad she got it. I was surprised though, that they would let in a six. Usually they didn't do that because you know what does a SIX got to offer. I said sarcastically in my head.

"AMERICA WHERE ARE YOU GOING SWEET HEART" My mother called after me.

"LEGERS, MY BEST FRIEND GOT INTO THE SELECTION" I yelled back. I ran all the way there with a smile on my face. I pushed past people and they gave me dirty looks, but I didn't mind. Nothing could bring me down. Not after this.

Hello fellow selectioners!! I had this idea while I was getting ready for bed actually. I hope you will like it. My friend and I spent forever coming up with plot twists. Feel free to comment and tell us what you think. If you have any suggestions comment. Ps sorry if something is spelled wrong I do type fast and I usually always have my friend read it over. But if it's misspelled... umm. Just sorry in advance.