Kisses Create Bombs

America's POV

We were all alone.

I sat down on the foot of the bed and Maxon slowly joined me. We were silent for the longest time before he breaks the silence.

"What do you want to know? I'll be honest with anything. Anything you want to know I'll tell you." He reassures me. I take a shaky breath in and out.

"What is this about. Why is your back bleeding? Was this the first time- never mind scratch that- I know it's the first time. I've seen the other scars." I say slowly. I wasn't ready to tell Maxon that I saw the beating. But I would.

"My father. He beats me." Maxon stops and thinks for a moment. Probably of how to explain this. This. He probably can't even explain it to himself. "When I do something he doesn't like he beats me. Sometimes it's only two or three whips, but sometimes it goes on for what seems like hours." He stops again and squeezes his eyes shut. I didn't even think about it, but I rest my hand on his knee. "I suggested something I shouldn't have to him. I said that I didn't want Kriss coronated to be queen. He got mad at me and... you know." He shrugged but then winced because it hurt his back.

I wasn't surprised that Maxon didn't want Kriss to be queen, honestly. I've seen the way he looks at her. He doesn't love her.

"But Maxon doesn't she have to be queen. I mean she is your wife. That's how it works. There is a law and..."

"You know about the Law?" He asks quickly, cutting me off.

"Uhh yeah. I guess I researched some royal rules and regulations." I laugh a little bit at myself. I was so weird. I kept telling myself that I didn't like Maxon. Not like that. But then I went up and looked up Illéan rules of marriage for the royal family.

Maxon laughed a little bit with me. "And why did you do that." There was a playful smile on his face.

"I'm-" I could feel my cheeks getting warm. "I just was curious, I guess." I shrugged it off.

"Just curious. Okay. We'll talk about that later."

"I feel like I should tell you that I saw." I say fast so I don't regret it. Well I'll regret it, I just can't take it back.

"Saw what? My beating?" My face must have gave it away because he sighed and took my hands in his. "America, I'm so sorry you had to witness that kind of torture. If I could I would erase that memory from your mind."

"No. I'm glad I saw it-Wait no I mean that I'm glad I know. I looked away as fast as I could. I didn't want to watch that. But I'm glad I know. And I totally get why you don't tell anyone. Does your mom know?" I was now blabbing.

"No. And she can't know. I don't know what she would do. Or say. I just don't want my mom to think of my dad like that." Maxon shakes his head like he doesn't even want to think about it.

"America."
"Maxon." We day at the same time in the same urgent tone.

"You go first." I say suddenly shy.

"Okay. I know that you may not feel the same, but I love you America." I opened my mouth but he hold up his hand. "Wait. Let me finish. I don't care if you feel the same way-I mean it would be nice-but I needed to get that off my chest. I don't want Kriss to be queen. I want you to be queen."

"Can u talk now?" I ask with a small smile on my lips. He nods once and I start. "Maxon, I love you too. When I saw you on the floor of your office I wasn't thinking of anything beside Maxon better be okay. I need him. He can't die. I won't let him die. That was before I knew that you weren't really going to die. But I think it's the thought that counts." I smile a little bit. "I've always felt connected to you. I've been denying my feelings for you. That's the biggest mistake I've ever made. Yes, I do love Aspen as well. But not like that. He love Lucy anyway. But overall my point is Maxon Scheave I love you." I squeeze his hands.

Maxon's smile grows bigger and he takes my face and brings mine to his. Our lips brush against each other's. And then he kisses me passionately. I can tell you for certain in that kiss was all his love towards me and vice versa. I love Maxon. I've always loved him.

BOOM!!!

There was a bomb explosion somewhere in the palace. It must have been on the opposite side of the building because we heard footsteps pounding on the floor heading to the East side of the building. Maxon and I exchanged looks and we both got up and I ran to he door. That's when I remember Maxon's back.

I take the clothes that Mary had brought and got the button down shirt that she brought and helped Maxon put it on. Next I took his hand and we went to the east side as fast as we could. We saw the doctors fleeing past us in a hurry.

I picked up some parts of the conversations and there were three words that stuck out to me.

Rebels. Amberly. Bomb.

She couldn't be dead could she? She was like a second mom to me. This was all Kriss's fault. I was almost 100% sure Krss was a rebel now and she was talking to her rebel friends the day of the coronation to set this up.

"Maxon. Listen to me. Your mom. She might be dead." I say slowly and stopped in the middle of the hallway. Maxon looked at me and his eyes glossed over.

"Rebels?" Was all he asked. I slowly shook my head up and down.

"I over heard Kriss the day of the coronation planning something. I thought they might break in again. Not a bomb." I said and kept walking.

"Wait, you knew about this?" He held me back.

"She said she was planning your birthday party! I thought I heard wrong. We weren't in the best spot then and I didn't want to jump to conclusions. I brushed it off. I now know I shouldn't have and I'm sorry Maxon." I pleaded with him.

"Don't be. It's not your fault. I'm not mad at you. Just I want you to know that no matter how bad of a fight we are in, that you can talk to me about anything. Just be honest with me." He says and stole a quick kiss from me and started pulling me forward again.

Do you think Amberly is still alive? Is this Kriss's doing? Is Kriss a rebel? Where do you think Aspen or Lucy were doing this? How do you feel about Maxon and America together now? Please please comment!! I love reading your comments and I always try to reply. I also love when you guys talk with each other in the comments as well! Also please vote!!

I will post again on 7/26/18

Spoiler: find out what happened to Amberly and hear their alibis.