Officer Leger

Maxon's POV
"So are you in?" I asked and I hope so much that she is because if she isn't then she might tell my dad and then it's all over.
"Yes. As long as you keep this from your mother and I get to stay here and keep my job as a doctor." Dr. Sarah said.
"Good. I'll talk to you later about more details and all that. But if you will excuse me I have a meeting with my adviser to get too." I bowed to them while they
curtsied.

"Ayyy there's my favorite prince!" Jermey says walking up to me.
"Hey Jermey!" I said and we did a bro hug.
"How is he? My favorite prince??" Jermey asked me.
"I'm good. I've been better though to be honest."
"What's up? Some drama with the selected? Someone die? You eliminate someone?"
"Jermey stop guessing because all your guesses are wrong!" I laugh.
"I'll stop guessing when you start telling me stuff!" Jermey said.
"Okay Okay I'll tell you the 411. So Lady Kamber has Cancer, America, Lady Kamber's friend is staying in the castle, my father wants me to eliminate Kamber and send her back to Carolina. But I don't agree because she wouldn't be able to get the best treatment possible like we have at the palace."
"Wait hold up. Do you have feelings for this Lady Kamber girl?" Asked my adviser.
"No. I honestly right now think of her more of a friend who is in need."
"Oh well that sucks. I thought that you of all people would have a crush on someone already."
"What's that suppose to mean?"
"You just don't talk to girls that much you know?"
"Like I said before what does that mean?"
"Well maybe you would be like girl crazy now because you have like 35-"
"32" I correct him.
"32 girl in the palace at once. That can be overwhelming."
"Wait no 33 with America."

Jermey raised an eyebrow. "This America tell me about her."
"She's beautiful and so amazing. Her back story is so sad. Her fiancé broke up with her the day they told her family."
"Now tell me Maxon. Do you have feelings for this America?"
"I- I don't know" and honestly I didn't.
"Do you think about her a lot?"
"Sort of"
Jermey raised his eyebrow again.
"Yes. All the time." I admitted.
"Do you see every Queenly trait that she has?"
"Yes" I say sheepishly.
"Have you had any intense moments with her when you want to kiss her?" I thought back and remember that time in the hallway before I heard that Kamber had cancer.
"Yeah once."
"Ok dude..."
"What?"
"You're falling hard!!"
"I am?"
"Yeah. Is there a rule that you can't date anyone other than the selected?"
"I don't know. And besides she is hooked up on her ex. I can't compete if there's no competition."
"Ok so tell me what she looks like. I've been in my office for so much of the Selection and I haven't met any of the girls."
"She has fiery red hair and the kindest blue eyes. Like water trying to put out the fire on her head. But it never works because she still has the attitude of hers. She's pretty tall and she is beautiful and grace- not graceful but she's just so wonderful. And I just know she would make a perfect Queen!"

"Yup. You got it bad!"
"I know I know."
"Have you gotten to know the other selected?"
"No. Dang. I should probably do that. I'm so dumb!!"
"Dang. I should probably do that!!" Jermey mimicked. "Well yeah bud you gotta get to know the other girls!"
"Yeah yeah after this I'll write one a letter to ask them out on a date."
"Of you could do it in person" Jermey shrugged.
"Yeah that seems nice."
"Wait Maxon."
"Yeah Jeremy?" Jeremy stopped and froze.
"How many red heads are in the castle?"
"One. America. That's what I said before."
"And why did her ex break up with her?"
"Umm let me think. To become a guard I think. Why?"
"Turn around Maxon." I was scared now. I turned around on my heels and looked in the direction that Jermey was looking. I saw America in the arms of one of my guards. Aspen. This guard was Aspen. It had to be! I walked up to them with authority.

"Umm excuse me?" I asked. And walked towards them. America looked shock. The guard Aspen looked like he has been caught. Caught doing what?? I asked myself.
"Your highness!" Aspen stood up and America sits up when he stands. Aspen luckily bows like he's suppose too. I see America look at me because I was looking at her. I wasn't even looking at Aspen. I was looking at America. I questioned in my gaze Who this guy was. I knew it was probably Aspen but I didn't want to just to conclusions.
"Officer." I said and turned my focus back on Aspen. "Aren't you suppose to be at your post? Jermey check where ummm let's see," I read Aspen's pin. I was right. Officer Leger it read. "Let's see where Officer Leger is suppose to be stationed."
"It looks like Officer Leger is suppose to be guarding by the Main Hall." Jeremy states. I nod at him for doing his job well and I fake a smile at him.
"And Officer Leger. Where are we?" I asked clearly setting Aspen up.
"The East Central Wing Your Higness." Aspen stated with pride. Dang this dude had guts. He was calm and not sweating at all. Which I would expect of a new guard when they talk to my mom, dad, or me.
"And why are you here?" I asked.
"To escort this fine women to her room." He fell in my trap. The bedrooms were on the West Side. Not the East. I kinda felt bad for the dude till I thought of what he did to America.
"I believe if I am correct. I might not be, but that all bedrooms are in fact on the West side of the palace. Am I correct Officer?" I said using my assertive voice that I use when doing important royal stuff like talking to my father.
"Yes. I'm sorry your highness I am new on the staff and still need a map to help me get around."
"Or your looking for your sister." I quickly added.
Aspen cracked a little smile. "That too."
"Follow me right this way." I said leading the way to the hospital wing.

I ended it like the last chapter because I wanted to give you guys a little peek at what maxon was thinking. Please like and comment what you think of this story!!