Be Happy For Your Sister.

America POV
"So. Kota. What do you think?"

"You really wanna know what I think?"

"Yes. We both really want your blessing and support." I said scared of what he thinks of the idea of Aspen and I getting married.

"Ok. I'll just be totally honest. I hate the idea. I thought this was just going to be a little fling. That I don't know would last no more than a couple months. Then I come to find out the next time I come back home that my best friend and my sister are engaged! I'm not giving you guys my blessing. It is the most stupidest idea I've heard and I lived with Gerad, that's saying something.

Also you are going down a caste. The only reason you would want to change your caste would be because you want to go up not down. I promise I'm the only reasonable person in this family."

The whole room was quiet. No one dared to speak. Then finally Aspen cleated his throat.

"Don't you want America and me to be happy? I can make America happy."

"No. Dude. I bet you could get any girl you want to get. You have looks. You have the perfect personality to swoop a girl off her feet. You know ANY GIRL. But a girl maybe should be a 6 or lower. Not a 5. But you had to choose my sister, a 5.

You can't support a family with her. You can't give her want she needs. You can't get her anything. No support when it comes to income. I can't believe you would be so selfish to bring a five down to a six. We as fives already have a hard life. Just imagine being a six. I was only friends with you because of pity and to pick up girls." Kota screamed using lots of hand gestures and you could see a vain popping out of his forehead and some in his neck.

"That's enough Kota!! Can't you just be happy for me!" I scream. Standing up from my chair making it clatter to the floor. "I was really hoping that you would take this well. But something I didn't tell you was that having your blessing would just be a bonus point. So no matter what you think I'm getting married to Aspen. I love him and he loves me. You shouldn't not love someone just because of the caste their in," Kota's eyes narrow in on me. I could tell my whole family plus Aspen was looking at me.

"Kota... please get out and return when you have come to your senses and you are happy for your sister," Dad said and stood up and pointed to the door.

"My pleasure," Kota got up and left without another word.

*After Dinner*

"Ames, can I talk to you? In private," Aspen said with worry in his voice. I really hoped that Kota didn't get into Aspen's head.

"Of course," I took his hand and walked to my room and shut the door and sat on my bed.

Aspen sat next to me. He didn't meet my eyes when I looked at him. I was getting worried. "Aspen, come on. Tell me what's wrong!" I said pleadingly.

"Ames... I don't know how to say this. But we can't get married."

"What!?" I asked shocked. "I just fought with my brother and my mom and dad kicked my brother out of this household just because he disapproved of us. Now you're saying that you're taking my brothers side on this?" I asked questionably.

"Yes. And no. I got drafted to go to the palace,"

"You got into the selection? But I thought it was only for girls? Wait! Is Prince Maxon-"

"No America," Aspen laughed. "He's not gay. I mean I got drafted to be a guard at the palace. Not for the selection. My training starts in two days. I leave tomorrow morning," Aspen explained.

"Oh. Okay. We can still be together... right?" I laughed a little. Just a habit of mine.

"America I'm telling you this because I think we should take a break. See other people. And if we still both love each other unconditionally when I'm done serving my time, we can get married. And you'll be a two with me. Then I can finally get you the life you deserve."

"No. No. No. Aspen don't leave me. You are all I have left." I whined. "Well besides my family. You're my only friend in Carolina left. I... I need you Aspen..." I trailed off when he got up. Aspen kissed me passionately one last time.

"I love you America. But. This is good bye... for now" Aspen said quietly.

I had no strength to go after him. He made his decision. All I knew was I was going to be right here when he comes back. Waiting for him. I let a single tear fall. I buried my face in my hands and just thought about what I was doing wrong in my life.

A few seconds later I hear the door shut behind the person I love. Who left me.

Woah woah woah. Lots of fighting huh? This was a long chapter so I'm going to keep the authors note short. Comment please. Tell me what you think about it!!