"Your Highness"

America's POV

"Now. About the doctor." I look up and meet Maxon's brown eyes.

"Okay you want to talk about it inside or out?" He asked.

"I don't care. I just kind of want to know."

"Well let's just stay out here since you love it so much." He smiles at me and guides me over to the table and chairs that I didn't notice until now.

I sat across from him and he started fidgeting and looking down at his hands. I didn't know why he was so scared to tell me.

"Maxon. Are you okay? I mean I do what to know but if you don't feel comfortable telling me. I get it you don't have to share with me." I try to get him to look up at me and it doesn't work.

"No it's fine. I can tell you it's just the thing is really hard for me myself to actually think about and come to terms with." He said and slowly lifted his eyes to meet mine.

"Okay. Just take your time. I have no where to be." I try to ease him out of his sadness.

"So let's start at the beginning. When I was ten? Somewhere around that age, I couldn't get to sleep so I took a walk around the palace and I ended up a place close to my fathers bed chambers and I sat on a bench and just thought. That's when a lady came out of my fathers room. She looked scared and frightened. I could tell she was not a maid. She also wasn't my mother." He stops and takes a quick look at me.

"Maxon... that's awful." Was all I could say.

"I know," He swallowed. "So I run to the women. She looked pretty young. Maybe sixteen? Eighteen at most. I told her to get lost and never ever come back. She looked back at me and she had water in her eyes, she was crying. She said "whatever you wish your highness" and with that she left. I didn't ever see her again in the palace. But my father must have talked to her once or so after that. She must have told him. He found me in my room asleep. He pulled me to his office. That-" Maxon stopped and just starred. He was on the brink of tears. I round the table and crouch down so he would have to look at me in the eyes.

"Maxon I'm so so sorry. If you don't want to finish your sentence. Don't then. You can stop this story whenever you want." I say and take his hands in mine.

"No. I'll. I'll keep going." He squeezed his hands in mine. "Umm. Where was I?" He asked. I didn't know if I should tell him or let him remember. But then he remembered. "Oh yeah. Umm that was the first night my father whipped me." He laughed. It wasn't a laugh because something was funny. More like a painful one. One of disgust and anger. Sadness and sorrow. A piece of his hair fell in front of his glistening eyes. I couldn't help myself. I reached up and brushed the piece of hair behind his ear.

"You want to keep going?" I asked. I didn't want his to keep going if it pained him too.

"Of course. So like I said that was the last time I saw her. Dr. Sarah when I saw her I almost didn't recognize her. She was older. Eight years older. So I didn't notice it at first. But then I started to see the resemblance. At first I didn't know where I've seen her before. Until a flashback came and that's where I saw her from. It just clicked. I was angry. I wanted to lash out at her for coming back. But then I figured she was really nice. She's made mistakes yes. But she's still human. Humans make mistakes. This, joining the Committee was like her re-earning my trust." He looked up and for once he smiled.

I smile back at him. "That's really sweet of you Maxon."

"Thanks. I didn't want to hate her. I wanted to like her. My mom likes her. My dad clearly showed interest in her. So I wanted to like her too." He stared directly into my eyes.

"That's what I like about you. You always see the good in people." I say softly and look down. He was doing that thing again. Tingles go down my back. My cheeks turn a rosy color. My pulse quickens.

"America..." Maxon whispers. I look up at him. He slowly moves his hands to my cheeks and rubs his thumb across them. We get closer and closer. It seemed to be going in slow motion I close my eyes and brace for impact.

"Your highness! You have a meeting with you father and New Asia in five minutes" a voice calls from behind us. I pull away and stand up straight and tall and back away a few steps. Maxon did the same and now we were five feet apart instead of five inches.

Maxon clears his throat. "Of course. I'll be there in five and on time." He says quickly and nods his head to indicate that the messenger could leave. I heard the click of the door and turned back to the garden.

"Umm... sorry about that" Maxon says behind me. I look behind me at Maxon and he was rubbing his neck and looking down. I could see the slightest pink in his cheeks.

"It's fine. I should probably get going. We'll talk later." I smile when he looks up at me.

"Yeah. Later. See you at dinner." He says and walks me to the door. After a awkward wave good bye I leave and make my way to the second floor.

~•~

I hang out with Marlee in the women's room for a while. I didn't know where the other girls were but we were all alone even Queen Amberly wasn't here. Weird. We didn't pay any attention to it though.

"So How's you know who?" I ask finally and raise my eye brow.

"He's fine!! Now shhh" Marlee laughs. "So how's mr. Princy?" She smirked at me.

"He's okay I guess. Why?" I asked.

"I've seen how you look at him. And most importantly. How he looks at you!" She giggles.

I threw a pillow at her which just made her laugh harder. Her laughing more made me laugh and suddenly we were in a fit of giggles and throwing pillows.

"Woah woah woah! America now that you are a selected you got to have a proper posture at ALL times." Marlee mimicked Sylvia. Which makes us laugh harder and harder. Only Marlee knew that I was going to become a selected once they moved Kamber into the princess suite or as the king sees it when Kamber goes back home.

Hello I hope you guys are loving this story as much I am!! What do you think would have happened if the messenger didn't interrupt America and Maxon? What do you think will happen with them? What will aspen do when he finds out about this blooming relationship? Please please comment I love hearing what you think of the story!! Also please like/vote on this story!!

I will post 4/30/18 or if I get to a place of likes/votes or views that I feel is right then I might post earlier.

Spoiler: America is worried for Kamber's health but the Dr. Sarah and Maxon don't believe America so they need to go see Kamber for themselves.