...Best Friends

America's POV

(Hour before last chapter)

"America! America! Wait up!" I hear a voice call my name from down the hall. I turn and see Lucy running up to me.

"What's so important that you ran for me?" I ask and roll my eyes playfully and laugh. I was trying to forget that Lucy betrayed my trust and she had an affair with my husband.

"We should talk." She said these three simple words like they mean the world to her. Oh wait no that's my husband.

"About what?" I ask quickly and brush her off a little. I just wanted to go back to my room and read a book.

"Umm... the affair, Aspen, our friendship, just about everything." She looks down and I felt a pain in my side. I felt bad for her.

"Fine." Was all I could say back. I made my way to the garden door and hopefully she got the hint to follow me. Thankfully she did.

I made my way to the bench farthest away from the castle. I found one that was by a beautiful fountain. I sat down and just looked straight ahead. I could tell Lucy sat down as well and she was looking at me.

"You wanted to talk. Then talk." I knew I was being cold but she hurt me so much. She hurt me as much as Aspen did. I know that I forgave Aspen but this felt different. She didn't have a reason to cheat. Aspen felt lonely. What did Lucy feel?

"Well okay." She says softly. She paused so long that I though she wouldn't talk at all. Finally she breathes a sigh and starts. "I'm so so so so so so sorry America. I know that you might not forgive me but I just need to get off my chest that I never wanted to hurt you like I did." She stars to cry a little and wipes her eyes on her sleeves.

"Anything else?" I ask and start to get up.

"Wait America please, just talk to me!" She begged me. "Just tell me how you feel. Yell at me! Slap me! I don't care just say something about how you are feeling and where we stand! Please just talk to me." She sobbed.

"What do you expect? Me to just forgive you? After what you did I should never even have come out here with you. Why would I talk to you about my feelings if you broke my trust so easily!" I yell and let my anger out. "I can't believe you Lucy! I trusted you the most out of all three of you guys! Then I turn my back just a little bit and you stab me in the back. Why?! I just want to know why!" I say and start to cry myself.

"And that's so reasonable. I get that you would want to know that." Was all she says.

"Well... aren't you going to tell me?" I ask already tapping my foot.

"Oh u should shouldn't I? Well America let me just tell you I really do love Aspen. I know that's probably not what you want to hear-"

"Duh I don't want my best friend to tell me that she loves my husband in a more than friend way." I cut in.

"I got that. I just wanted to be totally honest because I'm not going to tell you that I don't care deeply for Aspen. I wouldn't lie to you like that."

"You already lied to me once, what says that you won't do it again?" I ask quickly.

"Because America. I promise I won't ever lie to you again. I messed up! I know I messed up! I just want you to know that I never meant to hurt you! It's true. I was blinded by how much I loved Aspen to understand that I would hurt you. But I saw my errors." She looked me in the eye like she was willing for me to understand.

I didn't know what to say to her. She loved Aspen. I knew what that felt like. I love Aspen as well. But why had he given into her? Aspen loved Lucy. If he didn't I know for a fact he wouldn't have cheated on me, how lonely he was.

"How long did this go on?" Was all I could choke out.

"Six months." She states quietly. It hurt me how she knew instantly.

"How far did it-"

"We only made out. Nothing farther." She cut me off.

Now that I knew they didn't go any farther I thought it would ease my pain a little. It didn't. Aspen still cheated on me with my best friend. Now I know how Amberly would have felt if she ever found out about the King and Dr. Sarah. No wonder Maxon never told his Mother.

"America. I just want you to know that I will always be here with you and I get that you need time to think and process everything that I've told you and what Aspen has told you. I'll leave you alone now. Just think America. Come to me if you want to ask anymore questions or talk." That was all she said before she walked away. I looked down at the bench and sat again, finally.

I covered my eyes and cried a little bit. I didn't want to think about it anymore. I made up with Aspen. Why couldn't I make up with Lucy? Was it because Aspen may have cheated on me, but what hurt the most was that it was with one of my best friends. Lucy was that friend.

I didn't hate Lucy. I couldn't say that I disliked her either. Maybe all my feelings for Lucy isn't about how good our friendship was, or that she made out with my husband. Maybe it was because my husband choose her to cheat on me. He started to love her. Maybe even more than he loves me.

But in the end, when everything is said and done, my husband may have cheated on me, and Lucy was the one he had the affair with, but she's my best friend. I couldn't be mad at her forever.

Hello!! I hope you guys are enjoying all the drama and tension. Do you think America should forgive Lucy? I mean she forgave Aspen. Why not Lucy? Does Lucy have a point? Please please comment what you think about these questions and other things you are thinking! Also please vote!

Next time I'll post will be 6/23/18

Spoiler: America and Maxon get closer