The King's Mistress

Maxon's POV
I walked out of the room relieved that we got this all planned out. I knew my job and what I needed to do so I went to my fathers office and knocked.
"Who is it?"
"Prince Maxon Calix Scheave," I yelled at the door so he could hear me.
"Come in Please" dad said through the door. The guards open the door for me to go in and I walk in.
"Father."
"You mean king, but yes go on."
"So-"
"No fix the greeting first." Father sounded annoyed.
"My king." I state
"Yes Prince Maxon what do you need this time?"
"I wanted to let you know that I'm eliminating Lady Kamber from the Selection."
"Yeah. Uhh I already knew that. You know I was the one to come up with that idea. So why are you retelling this information to me?" Father asked and I was about to burst with rage. I tried so hard to please him and yet he's never satisfied with my attempts.
"Because I just figured it was my choice to make in the end. Not yours." I say through gritted teeth. How did my dad not understand that this Selection is mine. How I was the one who made the final decisions in this case. Whatever I know he'll never understand.
"No I always over rule any of your poor decisions. You always make horrible ones and you got to really get better if you are actually going to be king someday." He said that sentence with such ease it felt like he said it everyday. Which he basically did just in different forms of putting down his one and only son.
"Good day Your Majesty" I said and walked out without saying another word.

I went to the hospital wing to check in with the doctors and tell them about the Kamber situation. When I walk in I over hear some of the doctors talking.
"No Macy I actually think he recognized me. I don't know what to do. Should I confront him? Should I just wait till he confronts me?"
"Calm down Sarah. He probably doesn't even recognize you and you're over reacting about this whole thing. Maybe you're imagining this. You'll never know. Right?" Asked a different voice.
"I know I know I am probably over analyzing this but I just never knew or planned what I would do if Prince Maxon found out about the whole affair." The first voice said. I guessed her name was Sarah.
"You won't need to plan for it because he doesn't know. I'm sure of that. Just fly low under the radar for a while." The second voice said.
"Jessica... I don't know you should have seen how Prince Maxon looked at me. He looked curious and he looked like he recognized me but he couldn't place where. He couldn't place that he saw me like ten years back walking out of his dad's bed chambers. He couldn't place that he yelled at me and told me never to come back. He'll remember I'm sure of it." Sarah said worriedly.

I was taken back. What? She was the person who I caught exiting my dad's bed chambers. And let me tell you I was young but I knew they weren't in there just talking. She. Sarah. Was my dad's mistress. It was information I couldn't fathom. I do remember it know. I remember that night. I remember everything. How I yelled at her and I cried and screamed. I love my mom so much and I knew she would be heartbroken if she ever found out about Sarah. All the feelings came flooding back from that night. The anger the hurt. All of it. I was angry at my dad for bringing another women in the castle to fill his own needs and desires. I was hurt because I looked up to my dad. He was a male figure in my life. The one I was trying to be back then. I wanted to be just like him up till that moment. After that day I hated him for hurting and betraying Mom like that. He didn't deserve to be king. He was just a spoiled little boy who was born in the right family. I also remember the after math of that little secret. I stormed into my dad's chambers and yelled at him too. I yelled at him never to bring that little SLUT back into the castle. That was the first ever day of my whippings from him. The start to the artwork of scars that were on my back because of all my wrong doings hat were actually right but wrong to Father.

I blink a few times to get out of my head and back into the real world. I walk forwards and clear my throat.
"Excuse me doctors." I say with authority and courage. The two doctors spin around and they look frantic and caught.
"Your highness!" The one who was named Sarah said. Sarah. My fathers mistress. She said that a little too cheerfully.
"You highness." The other one said. I remembered her name was Jessica. The both curtsied.
"How Umm long have you been standing there exactly?" Sarah asked.
"Not long no worries. But long enough to hear about your little misadventures in my fathers bed chambers." Bam I confronted her. I felt bad but good at the same time.
"Oh. Umm about that let me explain." Sarah stammered.
"No need. I don't really want the details of what it's like sleeping with my father. What my father does in his bed should stay in his bed." I say and hold up a hand.
"Yes Your highness." Sarah looked down.
"Good to see you have not gotten used to calling us royals by Just our names. Like you did with my father."
"What do you want from me?" Sarah asked coldly.
"Nothing. I just want you fired. I'm sure my dad knows you are working here. Am I correct?"
"Yes your Highness."
"Are you still sleeping with him?"
She paused for a bit. "Only some nights."
"Tell him you can't do it anymore. You don't want to. He'll understand. He loves you." Now it was my turn to be cold.
"He does-"
"He does you know it I know it. Good thing my mother doesn't though."
"I need this job. It pays well and-"
I cut her off once again. "Well you should have thought about that before you stayed sleeping with the king. Shouldn't have you?" I knew I was being mean but I was mad. Very mad.
"Yes your highness."
"And also I've seen you and my mom talk in the hallways. I know you two are kinda close. Am I right once again?"
"Yes." She squeaked.
I felt a sliver of pity go through me. "But there is also one more option." I wanted to trust her. I did trust her. I wasn't worried she would go tell my dad. Maybe I should have been but I wasn't. She wouldn't risk her job for this.
"That is..." She asked.
"I need help with Lady Kamber and moving her to the Princess Suite without my dad finding out."

What did you think of this chapter? Can you believe this about the king's mistress? He cheated on the Queen? I know it happened in the books but you didn't really know who the women was! Please comment and like!