Kamber. Lady Kamber.

Maxon's POV

The selected girls came yesterday afternoon. I wasn't allowed off of the third floor besides when the royals had our dinner. It was the last ever dinner that just Mom, dad, and I had together with no other girl.

Today was the day I get to meet all 35 of them. I walk down to the learning room where I've had school ever since I was five years old. Before I enter the room I stop outside of the room and just breathe in and out. To be honest I was nervous. Really nervous. Wait, they were here to win my heart. Not the other way around. I hear Sylvia talking to them. Knowing her she was probably scaring them more than she should be. I walk in confidently, and all the girls stand and bow to me.

"Ladies, please sit" I smile as all the girls sit down.

I survey the room looking at each girl in the eye. The room was really full of beautiful girls that any man would be excited to be in. But then my mind wandered to America. I imagined her fiery red hair and her shining blue eyes. The eyes you could get lost in for hours, days, months-. I was snapped back into reality and not stuck in my mind. I cleared my throat.

"I hope Sylvia isn't psyching you up!!"

Sylvia gives me a disapproving glance. But turns to smile at the selected.

"Girls today you will have about 5 to 10 minutes with the prince, so you guys can get to know each other a bit."

"Wait. So this is. Before breakfast?" Asked a dark haired girl in the back. I think she was the only six in the Selection.

"Yes, Lady..." Sylvia starts.

"Kamber. Lady Kamber" Kamber I guess her name is said.

Sylvia eyed the girl up and down. "Well. Lady Kamber don't you think maybe the prince is a little more important than food?" Sylvia seethed. Everyone looked at Kamber.

"Well, I guess" Kamber looked down. I could tell she was embarrassed. I felt bad.

I heard a girl say "Well I guess when you're a SIX food is more important" the other girls around her laughed. She obviously wanted for Kamber to hear that. I looked in Kamber's direction she covered her eyes. I needed to do something. And fast.

"Kamber" I said loudly. Sylvia looked at me sternly, not knowing what I was about to do always puts her on edge. I tore my eyes away from her and looked at the other girls and they each looked at me and fluttered their eyes. I needed to finish my sentence. I looked right into Kamber's green eyes. "Would you do me the honor of being the first girl I talk too?"

Kamber looked surprised. "Umm..." She stammered "of course Your Highness" She got up and made her way towards me. When she was in arm's reach I took her hand.

"Come this way" I whispered in her ear. I felt her shiver in my grasp. I smiled to myself.

We both went to the couch and sat down. I held her hands. She didn't meet my eyes. So I took my hand and moved her head upward to meet my eyes.

"Okay. So Lady Kamber. Tell me about yourself."

I was going to do the meeting all in this chapter but it would have been just too long. I know some people like long chapters but I don't. So I'll keep it short and somewhat sweet. Hope you guys like this story. Please feel free to comment!!