Truth or Dare (part two)

America's POV

The game goes on for a while. I am in a daze thinking about what I said. Pay more attention to the lower castes. I knew it was true. From the heart. Why did I care what the king thought of my ideas. No. I didn't care what the king thought of my ideas. I cared what Maxon thought of them. When I said what I thought the king should do better I looked at Maxon's face right after. It was unreadable.

"Americaaaaa" the queen's voice fluttered through my mind. Then I realized she was picking me. I snap my eyes up to meet hers.

"Yes, Queen Amberly?" I say innocently.

"Truth or Dare America?" She asks and smirks. A playful smirk.

"Let's go with Dare." I said confidently. I wanted to pick truth but then someone would ask about my true feelings for either Maxon or Aspen and honestly I didn't know myself. I only picked truth with Kriss because I knew she would try and my me look bad in front of the king. Kriss. So predictable.

"Okay let me think." Amberly said and tilted her head up and thought. "Okay. I dare you to prank call your little sister, may, and pretend you are me and that you are inviting her over for tea." The Queen said and smiled a little. I liked how she understood what having little siblings is like since she has some of her own.

"Okay challenge accepted." I say and get up to get the phone that the Queen is holding out for me to take.

I know the houses number by heart. 735-639-4120 I mean I basically answered that number for my whole life. I quick type the number in and hold up the phone to me ear. I hear it ring a couple of times and I was losing hope that someone would pick up.

Maybe they thought it was a telemarketer and they didn't want to talk to them. Or they didn't know the number-duh- that they didn't feel like picking up. Or they are all dead and the rebels got them!!

Finally someone picked up. "Hello. May Singer on the phone here." I could just hear the smile on May's face. All my worries washed away and I closed my eyes quick and breathed in and out. I was the queen. I am Queen Amberly.

"Hello! I am Queen Amberly and I would love to invite you over to the palace for tea with me." I say in a cheery voice that Amberly had. Everyone in the circle tried to keep their laughs in.

I hear a high pitched girly squeal that couldn't have come from May because it wasn't right up to the speaker. Mom. I hear a faint "oh my gosh oh my gosh" in the background repeatedly.

"Thank you so so so much!! When will this be?" May asked. I felt really bad about lying so I just smiled.

"In two days." I lie and take a quick look at the Queen. She nods politely and smiles. "We will have a private plane come and take you back here. You may stay for..." I look at the Queen and she mouths week? "A week. Invite up to five other people." I improvise. I hear another squeal.

Maxon's POV

We all watch as America invites her sister and five others to the palace. I knew how much it means to America. Mother treats her like her own daughter. I know mother wishes I chose America instead of Kriss.

"I don't want a bunch of little girls running around this castle!" Kriss exclaims.

"Calm down it is just for a week Kriss, darling" my mom says innocently and America and her laugh.

Kriss sighs and rolls her eyes. Her rolling her eyes make me roll mine. She can be such a drama queen.

"Kriss you know if we have the kid-" she cuts me off.