Double Doors

Maxon's POV

I quickly kiss Kriss on the lips and she then hauls herself into my arms and makes me carry her down the aisle. I take on finally look at America and she just looks at me and politely smiles then looks back down at something small in her hands.

We go out the double doors and down the hall to the balcony. The doors open and I step out with Kriss in my arms and immediately I see flashing cameras and reporters. I set Kriss down and she starts waving frantically at everyone and blowing kisses. Soon enough my parents come out and stand right of me and then soon after Kriss's family comes and stands on the left of Kriss.

Everything after passed by in a blur the reception was up next. All six of us make our way to the grand ball room and everyone claps when we come in. My eyes scour for bright fiery red hair and bright blue eyes. I finally find her at the farthest table from the front table. Kriss leads me to the middle front table and around me sit my friends.

The dinner went by quickly and the speeches did too. Kriss's friends mostly said things about unlimited shopping sprees and jewels and diamonds. My friends said how they are glad I'm so happy- which I'm clearly not- and how blessed I am- Yeah right- I wanted to gag on my spoon after all of them went.

Next was the dancing. Kriss and I shared the first dance and I picked the shortest song I knew. Soon everyone was dancing and having a blast. I danced with my mother and my father danced with a Kriss.

"Maxon I know you- you aren't happy are you?" My mother starts a conversation while we share our dance.

I heave a sigh. At least someone knows me well enough to see I am not happy. "Yeah but what can I do about it now. I mean there is a rule that royals can't divorce and I don't know what to do!"

"Honey. Tell me please. What do you think you did wrong?" My mother questioned me. I knew her tactics. She always makes you think about your actions and how they affect you and someone else.

"Well I didn't follow my heart. I feel, like even though Kriss is very demanding, that I would break her heart if I told her how I really felt. I mean I shouldn't be lying to her but, let's just say that the woman I want is married to someone else. Someone that I have become kind of close with." I explain to her.

"Yes Maxon just say her name. A. M. E. R. I. C. A. America. I know you love her and by the looks of things she may love you. I mean Aspen is a great guy but just not suited for her I feel." I was really nice to hear someone else say and think that also. I felt so alone and stuck in my feelings for quite some time I felt I was sinking.

The dance was over too soon and I felt empty again as my mother walked away with father on her arm. I looked around the dance floor and saw Aspen and Lucy talking and dancing. I wondered where America was and if she would intervene if she saw. Or maybe she already knew and allowed it.

I feel and slight tap on my shoulder and I sighed a little. It must be Kriss. I turn. "What do you want now-" I stop mid-sentence. I stutter a little bit but finally regain my composure "America!" I say way to happily. "What brings you over here to these foreign parts of the ball room" I ask and now a little to her.

She looks at me questionably and then laughs a little bit. "Umm well I was wondering if Prince Maxon would like to have a dance with me." She says and curtsies.

"Of course. Maybe multiple if I am lucky enough" I add which makes her smile even bigger.

The music starts and we are off. It feels like we just click. I could mess up and she would mess up with me. I could forget the dance and she would forget it too. It was like we understood each others weaknesses and strengths.

"So how does it feel like to be married?" She asked.

"Feel nice. Well when I think about being married. The thought of WHO it's with is another story." I like the idea of being married and knowing that you love the person unconditionally, but the thought of being married to Kriss gives me the jitters. It kind of disgusts me a tad bit.

"Yeah. I totally agree. I knew what I was getting into when I married Aspen. He would be away and I would almost never see him." America adds. She acts like Aspen cheating on her never happened. I take a glance at her wedding ring. I've seen it so many times that sadly it just is normal for me to see it. The thing is, it wasn't there. The ring with the diamond and the wedding band weren't there wrapped around her left ring finger.

Maybe I was just looking at the wrong hand. I thought and turned my attention to her other hand.

"You're looking for my wedding ring and band I'm guessing" she says and makes me meet her eyes. I nod slowly and she laughs a little. "I took them off. They were suppose to mean that Aspen loves me forever and he will take care of me and that I will him too and blah blah blah. But then I got thinking and I just felt that it wasn't right to be still wearing them. They symbolize something that isn't there between us anymore." America looks off in space  but keeps dancing to the music.

I barley see it but a tear slips down her cheek. She brushes it off quickly and the song ends. We bow to each other and she runs away through the double doors.  

What do you think about Maxon's feelings on the wedding? What about the rule that Maxon brought up while dancing with his mother? Will Aspen and America ever talk things out? What do you think about Kriss? Hello I hope you guys are loving this story!! I love writing it. If I can I might try and start posting once a day instead of every other. Since it is summer and I have more time on my hands. But if hat doesn't happen please don't be sad!! Right now actually I can barley keep up with every other day. Please please comment what you think!! Also please vote!! They both mean the world to me!!❤️

Next time I pot will be 6/15/18

Spoiler: Aspen and America talk.