Kriss's Big News

Maxon's POV

(A couple weeks after the wedding)

I had America stay at the castle to spend more time with Aspen and help them with their relationship. She also was here to keep me calm. With Kriss running wild like a maniac around the palace, giving guards orders that aren't hers to give, I really needed a stable person in my life besides my family.

We hired a new doctor that will work along side Dr. Sarah. This new doctor was I guess one of Kriss's best friends, because right off the bat Kriss would spend her days in the hospital wing with Dr. Britney.

America eats with us royals and Mother has welcomed her more than she has welcomed Kriss which I find kind of funny. One ordinary day we were having dinner and Kriss clinks her knife with her glass.

She clears her throat. "I have an announcement." She smiles and looks at each one of us.

I thought I hear America whisper under her breath "that's what you do when you stand up and clink your knife and glass together. Isn't it?"

I had to laugh a little at this. Through everything America has been my rock. We spend at least an hour a day in the garden talking about life and many other topics. I only spend about thirty minutes with Kriss each day because I can barley handle her. She's noticed that I've hung out with America a lot lately, but she hasn't said anything. Yet.

"The announcement is that..." she paused for effect, "in having a baby!" Kriss sequels.

The maid who was refilling waters almost dropped her pitcher on America's head. America politely says "it's okay" and dismissed the maid.

My mom spits out her wine into her glass and starts coughing. She silently puts her wine glass down and holds her chest. She blinks a few times before looking up at Kriss with wide eyes.

My father sits over in his chair happily and smiles at the news. He gets up and hugs Kriss and whispers a few things in her ear that make her smile even bigger.

My reaction was mostly surprised. I didn't know what to say. I was mostly worried that I would inherit my mother's gene for not being able to have kids easily.

"Maxon, darling. What do you think?" Kriss asks and eyes me. Her eyes glistened in the light and she held her hands together like she was praying I would be happy. I mean how could I not be. I was going to be a father.

"Maxon, I wasn't aware you and Kriss got into such... How should I say? Activities?" My mother looks up at me. I knew she disapproved of Kriss and I being together. She said that I should hold off till she gets coronated to becoming Queen that we should engage in activities that might produce an heir. I agreed with her but Kriss was relentless. I finally gave in.

"Well as you see." I didn't want to say it but I knew I had to. I swallowed and slowly said. "We did." I didn't know if I should be happy or sad. I'm happy I'm going to be a father, but sad about who the mother will be.

I took a glance at America and she just avoided all eye contact with me and everyone. She was looking down at her plate and had her wine glass in hand and was swirling the wine so it would create little whirl pools with wine.

"Are you sure you're pregnant?" My mother asked urgently. I could tell she didn't want it to be true.

"Yes I had Dr. Britney do a test." Kriss replied clipped and too the point.

"Well Dr. Sarah should do some tests. I mean Dr. Britney is nice and all but she is new. She could have made a mistake!" My mother clearly refused to believe that Kriss was pregnant with my child.

"Maybe you should just accept the fact that I am your daughter in law and I will someday be queen and sit where you sit! Because I swear Amberly if you do anything to ruin this amazing occasion then when I'm queen I will make your life a living hell." Kriss yelled at her.

My mother just shook her head in anger. "You think you're all that Krissy dear, but let me tell you something. You're not! You might become queen and the people might love you for all I know but I promise you if anyone finds out who you really are, the person we know." My Mom points to the people sitting around the table "I promise they will hate you so much. You have no respect for your elders and you have no respect for my son and his friends. You are a disgrace to this family and I pity myself for sharing the same last name as you. Being a Scheave is something that I've always lived up too and something that is special. You my dear will RUIN the Scheave legacy. You will ruin my son!" My Mom cried the last sentence before she stood up and left the table and the room.

The room was silent. America breaks the silence by congratulating Kriss on the baby and bowing to leave. Next I smile at Kriss and kiss her on the forehead saying an 'I love you' that I know will never get easier to say to her even throughout the years to come. I leave the room. I just need to think.

"Maxon!" A voice that I've missed dearly says and I turn and see one of my oldest friends. Jermey.

"Jermey!!" I cry out and we run to each other. I know it seems girly but we really missed each other.

"How have you been? I haven't seen you in so long! You look taller and your hair looks shorter. But... you have some stress lines and your eyes don't shine as brightly. What's wrong?" Even though Jermey hasn't been with me in a whole year besides the wedding, he still knows me so well. He left a little before he Selection was over, came back for the wedding and left once again. He was retiring.

I didn't get to talk to him much of the wedding day because people were asking me questions and all sorts. So no talking to my best friend.

"Oh you have no idea what I've been through." I say raking my fingers through my hair. "Come to my room. I'll fill you in on everything." I sigh and head off to my room with Jermey behind me.

Over the next few hours I tell him about everything. I mean everything. From when I kissed America, to how me and America talk on a daily basis. How I really dislike Kriss and how my mom reacts. I tell him EVERYTHING.

(Hey guys I decided to post early as you see!! Comment if you like when I post everyday instead of every other)

Hello! I hope you guys are really liking the story!! I love writing it so much! It give me time to imagine what could happen. I basically have the plot line figured out! So what do you think about Kriss being pregnant? Do you believe her? What's up with the new doctor? What advice will Jermey give Maxon? Please comment you thoughts and opinions!! Also please vote!!

I'll post next on 6/24/18

Spoiler: Sneak at how America and Aspen's relationship is holding up.