The Proposal

America's POV

I stop in front of Maxon and he starts talking.

"America, I made the big mistake of not fighting for you enough the first time. You slipped out of my grasp and that was probably the biggest mistake of my life. You have made me the happiest man alive whenever you are around me. You bring out the best in me and you treat me like a normal person with feelings and with problems, you don't look at me and think Prince/King you look at me and you think Friend. You have been with me through ups and downs and you have supported me no matter what. You believe in me and you love me for all of my flaws. And I love you for all yours.

I love how are so real and you don't try and pretend to be someone else. You are caring and you are fun to be around. I love how you'll call me out on my bluff or my mistake. You are so open minded and you believe there is good in everyone. You aren't just the love of my life America. You are my best friend. America Singer will you marry me?" Maxon asks and he is tearing up but I'm way ahead of him.

I had tears rolling down my cheeks and I was holding back sobs of happiness. I placed my hand over my mouth from the sob coming out. I blinked a few time and then fanned my face. My eyes never left his. I finally smiled and laughed a little and nodded my head frantically.

"Yes Maxon I will marry you!!" I say hurriedly. Maxon slips the ring onto my ring finger and he stands and hugs me. I hug him back. He pulls back for a little bit and kisses me.

The kiss is sweet like it always is, but this time it was a little salty with our tears mixing in. His tears turned to mine and mine to his. Maxon takes my breath away, he always does.

We finally pull back when we need air and I smile and he smiles back. I twirl his golden hair in my fingers and rake my hands through it. Maxon's mine. I'm his.

*coronation day*

I haven't seen Maxon the whole day and I'm freaking out a little. Not because I haven't seen him, just because I'm about to be queen. I never thought this was how I would end up. If you told me I was going to be queen a few years ago I would just laugh in your face.

The maids fitted me in the dress that was made especially for me for this coronation. They give me so much jewelry it was hard to stand up straight and the shoes where so high I felt like I could touch the moon.

After much talking and pleading they take off some of my jewelry and let me wear less high of shoes. They do my hair in a half up and half down style. They braid back the upper half and twirl my hair into a bun. They curl the lower half of my hair to pull the look all together.

Maxon's POV

It has been a week since I proposed to America and Illéa has taken it really well. I mean it was inevitable that we would probably have gotten married since she was going to be queen and I am king.

"You got the girl Maxon!" Jermey says and high fives me. I laugh and high five him back.

"Thanks. I really am happy I'm making this choice. Unlike last time, I'm not marrying because of my father or because it's "what's best for the country" which it wasn't! I'm marrying because I love her and she loves me back. She loves me because of me! Not my money, not my title, just me!" I explain to Jermey who just nods and supports me.

"I like America. She is so nice and she is very funny!"

"Yup. I can back up the statement."

Jermey and I were in the throne room waiting for the coronation to start. It was suppose to start in five minutes. The press are here again and America's family. They all smile and wave at me from where they are sitting. I smile and wave back at them.

The trumpets start to play. I'm just hoping all of this wasn't a dream. That America is the one behind the double doors and not Kriss again. Everyone stands and the double doors open and America steps in.

She gracefully walks to isle and I'm relieved when I see her dress. Totally not like Kriss's dress. I shouldn't have to worry anymore about my partner showing too much skin to everyone. I'm with America now. She's nothing like Kriss.

Once America is in line with my room I move towards her and everything around us disappears and I seem to walk in slow motion to her. I hold out my arm for her and she takes it. We share a smile. A secret smile that's not that secret.

I walk her up to the thrones and I stand by her side just a few steps back. I nod at the priest and he nods back.

"America Singer, will you do everything in your power to protect Illéa and will you always put Illéa before yourself, will you bring justice to this country, and will you always help this country when in need, and finally will you love this country and its citizens forever and always?"

America is shaking a little and she is nervous. No one in the audience can see her shake but I still wanted to reach out and take her in my arms and tell her she will do fine and everything will be okay.

"I do." America finally speaks. The shaking lessens a little.

"Does anyone object to the crowning of America Singer?" The priest asks. No one in the room says anything. We wait a beat or two before the priest smiles and looks back at America.

"I know pronounce that America Singer is now Queen America Singer of Illéa." The priest states and places her crown on top of her head. The crowd erupts and cheers for America.

America stands and looks out into the crowd. I walk forward to stand by my queen. Cameras flash. People talk. America stays silent and smiles for the cameras. After what seems like forever I take her hand in mine and we walk down the isle and out of the double doors.

America is queen! Can you believe it? After all this she finally is queen. Do you think their wedding will go as smoothly? Please please comment and vote!!

I will post again on 8/17/18

Spoiler: wedding is coming up!