Seeing Kamber

America's POV
This was the first time that I met Jermey and he was really nice. He didn't seem to think highly of himself and above us lower castes. Maxon says almost nothing as we make our way to the hospital wing. Jermey, Aspen, and I just follow behind him. Jermey stood to my left and I had Aspen on my right.
"So you're the famous America I've heard so much about." Jermey states.
"Yeah I guess I am. There aren't that many girl named America around here. Especially with red hair and blue eyes." I laugh a little and Aspen joins in.
"True. So how long are you staying here at the palace?" Jermey asked.
"Well I don't know. Maybe as long as Kamber is here." I said. I was unsure if Maxon told his adviser about Kamber and her conditions. I was guessing he did because we were going to visit her right now and Jermey was with us.
"So Jermey how long have you been working at the palace?" I asked.
"About twenty or so years. I became Prince Maxon's adviser when he actually took on the role as a prince. So ten or so."
"That's cool!" I said in awe. The dedication he must have. "So you've come pretty close with Maxon over the years I'm guessing." I looked and saw Maxon stiffen at the use of just his name. I stole a glance at Aspen and Jermey to see how they reacted. Aspen looked at me questionably but looked away. Jermey just kept talking like it was natural for a six like me to just use the prince's name with no title.
"Yes. Me and Prince Maxon have become quite good friends over the years of working so closely together."

The rest of the walk was just little conversation between Jeremey and me. Aspen stood like he was on guard and Maxon didn't say anything. I hope he wasn't mad at me. I'm being silly. What would he be mad at me for? Once we got to the hospital wing the same doctor greeted us as when she greeted Maxon and me the day before.
"Prince Maxon," she bowed and there was a glint in her eyes. Thankfulness. They must have had a conversation before this meeting.
"Doctor Sarah" Maxon nodded his head in her direction. "We have come to see Lady Kamber. Her brother would like to see her."
"Oh her brother?" Sarah looked past Maxon for the first time and saw the three of us standing behind him. "Follow me this way." She smiled and started walking towards the left wind of the hospital.

I was about to pass Maxon when he stopped me.
"America." Was all he said.
"Yes Maxon?"
"Are you alright?" He asked worriedly.
"I'm fine. Why do you ask?"
"About you know. Aspen" his whispered Aspen's name.
"Oh of course. I'm fine why wouldn't I be?" I faked it. I faked being fine. Maxon had other things to worry about. Not some low life six.
"I don't believe you."
"Well you should."
"America. Please just tell me if you're actually okay or not. I'm worried about you." He choked out the last part. Almost like he didn't want to say it. He didn't want to admit that he cared for me. A shiver went down my spine at the thought of Maxon caring for me. I pushed the tingle away though. I was clearly over thinking every word that came out of his mouth.
"I'm fine. Really." I urged him to believe me.
"Really?" He asked and raised an eyebrow. Wow he was handsome.
"Yes. I am. I am totally-" I choked. "Fine" tears threatening to form.
"America..." Maxon pulled me into his arms and held me. It was different from when Aspen held me. In Aspen's arms I felt like he would protect me and save me. In Maxon's I felt Comfort and warmth. Maxon would care for me.
"Can we please talk about Aspen later? My world is crashing and falling apart just like before. When Aspen left my world was like a battle field after the battle, broken, and destroyed. But with Aspen coming back before my life was totally fixed he destroyed it once again. Like a battle field torn and broken at first but now the soldiers are coming back for a round two.
"Of course." Maxon whispered into my ear. The shivers came back again. Down my spine and into every nook and cranny of my body.

"So what's with the whole doctor thing?" I asked.
"I'll explain that later too. I promise."
"Okay. I guess we should probably get back to Jermey and Aspen and see how Kamber is doing." I said and hold him at arms length.
"You go. I can't I need to write another letter to a selected for another date." Maxon said and filled his voice with fake enthusiasm that made me laugh.
"Well good luck. Who are you thinking of inviting?" I asked curious.
"Lady Marlee-" Maxon keeps talking but I freeze. Marlee. The Marlee That is in love with someone else. "She's so nice and kind. I thought I might get to know her more." Maxon finished talking.
"Yeah she's great. But maybe you could try..." I trailed off. What was another selected name? "You could ask Lady Kriss!" I say.
Maxon looks at me weird. "Umm why?" He laughed a little but it was more of a confused laugh.
"She seems really nice an all that stuff." I said. I never met the girl but I hoped she was nice. I would never want to set Maxon up.

I saw Maxon's face and he was considering it. "Okay," he finally said. "I will ask Lady Kriss out on a date I guess" he shrugged.
"Good. I should probably get in now. So see you later?"
"Yes. I'll send you a letter or I'll find you myself so we can talk everything through." He smiled.
"Okay." I said and walked back into the left hallway and didn't look back.

I opened the room door to find Kamber in her bed and Jermey and Aspen around her. Aspen was holding her hand and tearing up a bit. I've only seen Aspen cry once and that time was when his father died.
Jermey looked up. "Hey America," I told him he didn't need to say lady in front of it and to just call me America. "Where's Prince Maxon?" I asked.
"Oh he's on his way to wherever he writes letters." I said.
Jermey looked at me confused. "What do you mean by that?" Jermey finally asked.
"He's writing a letter to Lady Kriss asking for a date with her." I explained farther.
"Oh. Makes sense." Jeremey said. "I should go and find him. So see you guys hopefully in the near future." Jermey said and walked to the door where I was standing. I moved out of his way.
"It was so nice to meet you!" I said and smile at him. Jermey waves and leaves the room shutting the door behind him.

I walk over to the side of the bed where Aspen is standing over Kamber. Kamber seemed like she was over all the affection her brother was giving her. I have this feeling that Now was the time for Aspen and me to share our secret past with Kamber. I bend over and whisper in Aspen's ear.
"Aspen. I think it's time to tell her about our past."
"Agreed." Was all he said. Aspen pulled back from Kamber's hand and stood straight.
"Kamber. There's something we need to tell you." I said breaking the silence in the room. Kamber looked up at me.
"Yes America. What is it?"

Can you believe they are finally telling Kamber about their relationship? I thought it would never happen!!😂 also please comment what you think. And please like this story!!