Alibis (part 2)

America's POV

Aspen, Lucy, Anne, Mary, and I went into the other room with the investigators. They seemed nice enough. Aspen stays at my side while my maids stand together in a tight row.

"I know you are Lucy are seeing each other again." I say quietly to Aspen. He locks eyes with me.

"America I can explain." He says and I for once I can't read his face. It was sad, with a little bit of relief, with some worry.

"No. Don't. I don't want to hear it right now. All three of us will talk later." I say dismissively.

"Anne will you please join us?" The head investigator, Mark? I think his name was said.

Anne followed him back. I stood there in awkward silence with Mary, Lucy, and Aspen. No one talked. Finally I broke the silence.

"Who do you think set off the bomb?"

"Kriss." Everyone chimes in. And I smile. Even though we may not be on the best of terms we were still on the same page.

Anne's POV

I knew for a fact it was Kriss I had no evidence but I believed America. Kriss was up to no good. Trying to kill the ex-Queen sounds like something Kriss would do.

"Where were you when the bomb went off?"

"Lucy, Mary, and I were walking to the sewing room after America dismissed up to talk to King Maxon alone." I answer honestly. Maxon has told us that he told the investigators the truth. How very noble of him.

"And where were you an hour before the bomb went off?"

"Helping America help King Maxon with his back that was beaten up." I said. The investigators wrote somethings in their notes and sent me on my way.

"Mary your turn." I say and smile at her. She seemed a bit nervous.

Mary's POV

Anne walked out and she seemed pretty chill. Well Anne always seems to be chill. I give her the best smile I could manage and walked into the closet. I sat down across from them and they asked me a few questions.

"Where were you when the bomb went off?"

"Walking in the hallway with Anne." I smiled shyly at them. Was that what they wanted to hear? What if I said the wrong thing?

"Wait, Where was Lucy at the time?"

"She snuck off somewhere before the bomb went off." I say honestly.

"Okay... you were with America singer an hour before the bomb went off if I'm correct."

I nod and he smiles. Then frowns.

"Do you know where Lucy snuck off too?"

"Well we were actually walking towards where the bomb went off. That's where the sewing room is-just down in the basement. Lucy snuck off going into the guard's chambers." I think about it and now that it hits me, she was probably going to see someone. Aspen. It was her thing to tell, not mine.

"That will be all thank you. Please send Lucy in here."

Lucy's POV

Mary came out and she wasn't smiling. But she wasn't frowning either. It was neutral. "They want you, Lucy." She says and goes over by Anne and starts talking with her.

I slowly move to the door. I look back and catch Aspen's eyes. He nods and that simple movement gives me courage.

"Hello Lucy! We are just going to ask you some simple questions." The investigator says.