89% of Illéa

Maxon's POV

I look out onto the dance floor and see America and Father talking. I was about to go over there and ask them what's going on, but then I don't because it doesn't look like they are in a fight or mad.

A hand appears on my shoulder and I flinch from surprise. I look over my shoulder and see my mother standing there and she looks happier than before her talk with father.

"Maxon, can we talk?" She asks and smiles while I turn to face her.

"Of course mother. What do you want to talk about?"

"America. I'm just going to put it out there. I truly believe that America is right for you. She has my heart-Well my mother heart- and I just want to tell you that I'm proud of you. You told America how you really felt and I couldn't be happier with the result. She's going to be an excellent queen." Mother says and I can tell she is proud of America as well.

"I know she will be an excellent queen as well, but I don't know how Illéa will react with the news. What if they like Kriss better, or the idea of Kriss better? America us also scared. She thinks that she won't be good enough. It is so difficult to tell her that she is worrying way too much." I laugh a little at America worrying. She just wanted to please everyone.

"Maxon, now you are worrying! Don't. Illéa trusts you and your judgment. They will love America just as much as we do. America is a very lovable person if you haven't noticed." Mother smiled in the direction of America and my father in the dance floor.

"Now, I told her if she broke your heart that I wouldn't be too happy. Now, this is where I tell you that if you break HER heart then I will break you. I love America like a daughter already." Mother jokes and laughs and I join in. I love how my mother can joke and she is just overall a happy person. She's the sunshine in my father's darkness.

*a week later*

America passes the room, Father looks out of the floor to ceiling window, Mother is bitting her nails, and I am sitting on the stairs going up to the thrones looking at everyone.

The results are going to be in in less than a minute. All we are waiting for is a maid or guard to hand us the note telling us if Illéa liked America so much that they would want her as their queen.

America gave a speech about four days ago telling everyone what she has to offer and saying why she would be a perfect queen. She nailed that speech and I hope everyone saw the potential in her that my family does.

Three days ago America had an interview with the press and she handled that like a true queen. She didn't get nervous, or if she did she didn't show it, and they asked her political questions, to personal question about our relationship.

After the interview she went to every province to give a short speech. It gives the people of Illéa a chance to see her in person, and to show how much she really cares about each province. That took two days and America just got back from her trip less than twenty-four hours ago.

Everyone was now supposed to go and vote to see if they liked her or not. If not then I would rule alone. It seemed so lonely. I didn't want to rule alone. I wanted America by my side.

The door slowly opens and on a silver platter in a guard's hand-Aspen's-was a white envelope with the word results written on the top. America rushes to Aspen and hugs him before taking the envelope. They whisper some things before she hugs him again before he leaves.

She turns back to facing us three and when she sees we are all aware of the envelope she opens it slowly trying not to rip the envelope. She gently pulls out the slip of paper. She looks through the charts and a frown comes upon her face.

I rush to her side as well as Mother and Father. We don't look at the vote till she tells us first because we wanted to respect her personal space.

When she doesn't say anything for a while she slowly folds the paper and looks at each of us.

"What! America! Tell us!" We all scream at her at the same time.

She looks down and we all sigh.

She wasn't going to be queen.

"So... I guess they want me as Queen now." She says slowly and looks back up at us and we were all confused.

"What?" I finally ask.

A smile breaks out on her face and she give all of us a big hug each. When she gets to me she hugs tighter and longer.

"They want me as Queen! Illéa loves me! Well around 89% of Illéa loves me." She says and shrugs.

We all smile with joy!

Father congratulates her.

Mother hugs America again and jumps up and down.

I kiss America deeply and pull her towards me. America wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me back. I pick her up and spin her in circles which she laughs through.

That night on the Report we share the big news. Everyone in the castle is super excited to have America on board instead of Kriss.

That night I ask America to meet me in the garden. I have everything set up and ready. I made sure she knew that I would be waiting for her by the bench farthest from the castle and the most private. Our bench.

America's POV

Maxon asks me to meet in the garden at the bench we always meet at. He asks me to wait till the sun's light has completely disappeared before meeting him. I found it a bit weird but I just went with it.

Since I'm not queen yet I don't wear a gown or even a dress. I wear a white blouse and some black skinny jeans and my wedges.

When I make my way down to the garden maids and guards are whispering. I don't pay any mind to them while they are doing their little gossiping session.

I walk into the garden and I meander down the paths to the bench he told me to meet him at. Once I'm about a hundred feet away I see them. He used fairy lights to decorate the trees and there were candles lit around the bench. Scattered around were red and white rose petals.

In my direct eye line was Maxon, as always in a white button down shirt but this time it was with a tux and tie. He was standing there and he slowly lowered himself onto one knee.

AHHH!!! Is Maxon proposing??? How do you feel about that? What do you think America will say? What were the guards and maids talking about?? I'm so sad! This story is coming to an end so soon! I still have about five or so more chapters but it'll go so fast! Please please comment your thoughts and vote!

I will post again 8/15/18

Spoiler: Garden scene continues, America's coronation!!