Birthday Girl

Maxon's POV
Party started at 2:00 but I was already in the room help setting up the decorations. I looked at the clock and it was 1:45. Fifteen more minutes. I needed to go and get my masquerade mask from my room. I was about to round the corner when I heard talking.

"-you look amazing!! Don't doubt yourself. You are a beautiful youthful woman." A girl said, I'm guessing to another one.
"Okay if you say so..."
"We do. We do say so" another voice said. Not the first girl who talked.
"Yeah. Saying you look bad is a insult to us!!" A forth voice said jokingly.

I rounded the corner to see a girl dressed in all black and a black lacy mask with fiery red hair talking to the three of her maids. I've never seen anyone this close to their maids before. I also noticed the hair. It was America. They all looked up to see me and the three maids curtsied while America tried to curtsy. She was a bit wobbly and almost lost her balance, but one of her maids caught her before she fell.

"Hello ladies" I said and smiled at them.
"Hello your highness" the maids said in unison.
"Hello Prince- Highness" America said stammering her words.
I had to laugh a little at that. The part of her cheeks that I could see turned a bright pink color. She was blushing.
"Well ladies please enjoy your evening and I'll hopefully see you down at the party."
They all curtsied again, this time America only teetered a little and they were off and walked past me. While I made my way to my room.

At the party it was kind of hazy and you couldn't really see that much very well.
"Prince Maxon Prince Maxon!!" Someone called. "Will you dance with me first??" The voice asked. I was guessing she was one of the selected.
"Sur-" I got cut off.
"Wouldn't you dance with the birthday girl first maybe?" Another voice said behind me. I turned and saw bright blue eyes looking at me straight in the eyes.
"Y- yes" I choked out. "Birthday girl gets my first dance of the evening."
"That's no fair!!" The voice that I now recognized belonged to the one and only Celeste. "I asked you first Princey" Celeste said pulling my arm.
"Jeez Celeste let him go before the guards come attack you for harassing him." America said folding her arms.
"Whatever..." Celeste said finally letting go of my arm and walked away into the fog.
"Thanks" I said and looked into those blue eyes that always dazzled me.
"Yeah no problem. But I was more doing it in a favor for you know Kamber... because she like idolizes you." America said laughing a bit.
"Idolizes? Me?" I asked faking a shocked expression. And she laughed even more.
"Yes you" She said pointing a finger at me. "She idolizes you like every other girl in this country" she said and put her arms in the air like she's exaggerating something.
"Wow. All the girls in this country? No way!" I said and smirked "even you...?" I tentatively asked.
"No, I mean no offense you are a bright man with endless looks and charm. But I have someone of my own" she said boldly at the beginning but went soft at the end. She looked down for a quick second. I knew she must not have someone, if she did why would she have put a form in to enter the selection? I had tons of questions I wanted to ask her but didn't have the chance.

"May I introduce to you... Lady Kamber Leger the birthday girl who is turning eighteen today at exactly 6:37 pm" A guard said. And Kamber walked in from the balcony looking over the ball room that had steps running down to the main floor.

Kamber wore a white and black dress with a sparkly mask and had her dark hair in loose curls that went down her back. She had lots of bling on and some black gloves that went up to only her wrist. She was truly beautiful. I walk up to her.

"Kamber"
"Maxon"
"My I have the honor of the first dance with the birthday girl?" I asked and bowed.
"Oh I was going to give that too America" she said sniffing a laugh.
"Oh?! I see" I said moving to the side. I could tell I was blushing profusely and I was embarrassed.
"Ahhh my Kamber!!" America said gliding up from behind me to Kamber's side.
"Ahhh my America" Kamber sang hugging America.
"Aren't you going to dance with Princey?" America asked her friend mimicking what Celeste called me earlier.
"Oh but dearest. Your are my best friend!!" Kamber said acting.
"Oh but don't embarrass the young lad" America said in a British accent and laughed.
"Girls girls girls!!" I butt in. "Your acting is as good as my moms cooking" I steal a look at my mom who just laughs and hugs my dad who doesn't crack even a tiny smile. Serious much?
"Oh then your mom, the Queen must be a lovely cook and I'll want to taste her cooking someday!!" America stated.
"Oh dear lord America. Our acting stinks like dirty laundry!!" Kamber said making a disgusted face and everyone laughed.
"So... dance with me... not?" I asked swaying on the balls of my heels.
"Oh course your highness" Kamber said taking my hand and leading me on to the dance floor.
"Fox trot?" I asked
"Don't know that one"
"Waltz?"
"Don't know that one either"
"Quickstep?"
"Huh?"
"Ok how about you pick us dance"
"Jazz"
"What?"
"Ok. Umm lyrical"
"Excuse me?"
"Tap. Let's do tap!!"
"Umm..."
"JUST PICK A DANCE ALREADY" America yelled from the side lines. And Kamber and I just looked at her then each other and laughed.
"Ok. How about we do waltz and I'll lead you?" I said/Asked
"Sounds good to me!!" Kamber said happily.

"1 and a 2 and a 3 and a 4" I repeated that over and over counting the moves for her.

Remember to comment and tell me what you think!! Also please like this story if you like it. If you don't like it please like.