Second Chances

America's POV

I race down the hall. I needed to get out of there. I needed to think. I sat down on one of the many benches in the hallway and just looked out the glass window in front of me. It was a beautiful view of the garden. I just breathed in and out to try and calm myself.

Stupid stupid stupid America! Why would you run away from Maxon? Your friend. I didn't want to run away from him but I did. I felt awful for just leaving him hanging like that.

"America?" I heard a voice say and I look up to see Aspen.

"I don't want to talk to you." I say and look back out the window.

"I know you probably don't." Aspen said and sat down on the Benghazi next to me.

"Then why are you here TALKING to me" I point out.

"Because I hated the way we left things back in the infirmary." He slid his hand into mine. I didn't move away from him. The used to be normal feeling was now weird and a little uncomfortable.

"Okay. And..." I say still avoiding his gaze.

"Okay America. Fine I'll just talk." He takes a deep breath. I'm ready to listen. I want to here his side of things.

"Okay so you already know that I cheated on you. I'm so so so sorry America. I knew it would hurt you and it did. I never wanted to hurt you but then that day you saw Lucy and I talking and it went down hill from there. America I want to get one thing straight. I still love you. I still want to be with you. I felt so lonely at the castle without you. Lucy was one of my best friends and one day she kissed me and I didn't pull back. I should have pulled back. Now I love Lucy too. But America, darling, I love you more. You are my sunshine and you always bring out the best in me and don't know what I would do without you. Please forgive me." He finished.

I don't say anything for a while. I needed to think.

I still loved Aspen. So so so so so much. He was my first love and I knew he loved me. Boys can love two girls at once. I mean girls can too. I love two boys right now. But one boy is off limits and he just got married while I'm married to the other boy. I wish Aspen was more honest with me about being lonely. I could have talked to Maxon to get him more vocations. I wanted to give Aspen and me one more chance. One where I am actually in his life and I see him everyday and I'm here for him.

"Aspen. I love you too. I never stopped loving you. Part of me feels like you stopped loving me for a while while you were with Lucy. I know Lucy is so sweet and kind. How can I compete? I mean she was there for you and I wasn't. She was here at the castle with you while I was off in Carolina. But we have history. I know it's all about how well you know the person and not about how long you've known them, but I want to give us a second chance. A chance where I am here for you. I'll talk to Maxon about letting me stay. I want to stay. Also Maxon's coronation is coming up and I know he wants me here for that and it would be a waste for me to go home and then back again a couple days later. So long story short. I want to give us a second chance." Aspen squeezes my hand and then kisses me on the cheek.

I didn't know if we would ever go back to how we were before the selection but all I know is that Aspen and I would take it one step at a time. We both loved each other dearly and that would never change.

"I'm so happy. I'm so sorry again America. I know-" I cut him off.

"It's fine Aspen. Really. I mean I would be lonely too. I want you and Lucy to still be friends as well. I also want to talk to her. Tell her there are no hard feelings left." I smile and that makes Aspen smile as well.

"I'm glad. Now you want to go back and share a dance with your husband?" He asked and held out his hand for me to take. I took it and we were off to the ball room once again.

~•~

Once the party was over and done with for He night I went back to my room. My three maids greeted me and I was surprised that Lucy showed up. All four of us didn't talk at all while they undressed me and ran me a hot bath. After the bath I just crashed and had a sweet dream.

"Aspen come on!!" I yelled back at him. We both were in a meadow type area with wild flowers everywhere.

"I'm coming I'm coming!!" He said and once he reached me he stopped running. Then after he caught his breath he swept me into his arms and spun me around and around.

"My darling Aspen!" I cried and he kept spinning me.

He then put me down but kept his arms around my waist. "My darling America." He says through a smile and kisses me. His soft lips touch mine and my body feels like it is exploding with fireworks.

"Aspen..." I whisper as I open my eyes again and pull away.

"America..." Aspen said. But this time it want Aspen. It was Maxon. The meadow disappeared and we were now in the royal palace in Maxon's room on his bed.

"Maxon?" I asked. He looked up at me and encircled his arms around me.

"Yes my dear Princess." He smiles mischievously and kisses me again. I kiss him back and then pull away. I look down and I had to let out a sigh of relief when I saw my clothes were still on.

"Never mind. But where is Aspen?" I ask Maxon.

"Aspen? I don't know anyone of that name." Maxon says sitting up. I sit up besides him and just rest my head against his chest.

"Ok." Was all I said. It was too early in the morning to wrap my brain around anything.

I lay back down and close my eyes.

Next thing I know I'm back in my own bed with the sun shinning through the windows. I take a look at the clock and it is a quarter past nine.

"Good morning America!!" Three different voices sing. I look and see my friends standing there with my outfit for the day in their hands.

"Good morning to you too!" I say cheerfully and get out of bed.

How do you feel about America giving Aspen a second chance? What about Lucy? How will the conversation between America and Lucy go? What about the dream America had. Do you think it means something? Please feel free to comment what you are thinking and ideas!! I love hearing from all of you guys!! As one person said "I love when the author responds it makes me feel special" (@Kmcsh1) it makes me feel special when you guys comment and tell me how you love my writing. It motivates me!! (I am very lazy sometimes. Procrastination is my best friend) also please please vote on the chapters it means so much to me!!

The next time I'll post is 6/17/18

Spoiler: America and Lucy talk.