The Piercing Green Eyes and Midnight Black Hair

America's POV
"Welcome to the Keep Kamber Here Committee," Queen Amberly said and smiled a little.
"What do you mean committee? Like why wouldn't she stay here?" I asked.
"The king. My father. He doesn't want Kamber here. He wants her to go back to visit her family and stay with them till she Umm..."
"Oh. Okay. So you guys are going against the King?"
"Something like that." Maxon smiles at me.
"So are you guys in or not?" The Queen asked.
"I am."
"What are we talking about exactly?" Marlee asked.

We filled Marlee in on everything and what is happening with Kamber. When us three were done telling Marlee we all looked at her for her response.
"I have not talked to Lady Kamber that much. I have only talked to her on our flight here a bit and at the airport." Marlee said worriedly.
"That doesn't mean that you can't help!!" I said enthusiastically.
"America can I talk to you quickly."
"Oh of course." I said and followed Marlee back into a corner of the room.
"I can't. I can't help Kamber. I really wish I could but I just can't," Marlee whined a Little.
"Why?!"
"If the king found out about me helping you guys in helping Kamber stay. Then what if someone finds out about me and Carter. I would be in huge trouble with the king and Prince Maxon. I don't want that." Marlee looked like she was on the brink of tears. I hugged her.
"It's alright. You don't have to help us help Kamber. It's not right for you to help save a girl you barley know!" I said. I was kind of sad when Marlee said she couldn't do it. But in the end I know it was best for her to not. I mean with all her secrets I would hate for her to be dragged down by this one.

We walked back to the front of the room where Maxon and Queen Amberly sat. Maxon and Amberly stood when we approached.
"So?" They asked in unison.
I put a hand on Marlee's shoulder to give her strength.
"I'm sorry your highness and your majesty. I just can't. I'm so so so sorry." I needed to try and hold a laugh in when she said sorry like twice in her statement. I looked at Maxon's and he was looking at me trying to hold in a laugh too. I suddenly blushed and looked down. Butterflies were already in my stomach and I couldn't make them go away.

"So I guess it's just the mother, me, and America." Maxon restated.
"Yeah I guess it is." I responded.
"And I guess I should go. Good luck guys." Marlee waves to me and did a quick small curtsy to the Queen and Maxon.
"Please don't tell the king or anyone about this little arrangement that my son and I have come up with."
"Of course not my Queen." Marlee said and left the room.
It was the the trio in the room now and we had some work to do.

We talked about how Kamber would stay in the Princess suite until the selection ends. We also planned that Maxon would say to his dad that he is eliminating her so he won't get suspicious of why Lady Kamber wasn't there.
"So we got it all planned out. Right?"
"Yes Mother we do,"
"Okay so maybe we should decide when to meet next." I suggest.
"That's a good plan. Nice planning ahead America!" Maxon smiled at me.
"Yes America that was a very very very good point. Maybe we should meet every Tuesday after lunch? Here?" Queen Amberly suggested.
"Works for me!" I exclaim.
"Same. See you guys around I gotta run!" Maxon said and left the room.

It was just me and Queen Amberly.
"So America you're staying here I'm guessing?" Amberly asked/stated.
"Yeah I guess I am."
"Won't my husband be confused why you are staying?"
"Oh umm I didn't think of that. I guess I should go back to Carolina." I said disappointment in my voice.
"Or we could say that you were called on to replace Lady Kamber in the Selection." The Queen suggested.
"Me? A selected?" I asked baffled.
"Yeah it would make sense for you staying and all."
"Queen Amberly?"
"Yes America."
"Would I have to follow the rule that I can't see anyone besides Maxon?"
"Prince Maxon," she corrected me "But yes you would have to follow that rule."
I thought about it. Aspen isn't here yet. Maybe he wouldn't even come to the palace by the time that the Selection is over. Because I don't know how much training the guards need but I'm guessing it's a lot because they are protecting the royal family and all. Or if he does come to the palace and he sees me talking to Prince Maxon maybe he will get jealous and then try to win me back!! That last thought made me smile.
"Queen Amberly. Meet your new selected from Carolina!" I said excitedly.
"Lady America. Welcome to my wonderful home. I'm glad you've decided to stay." Amberly said and laughed a little.
"America I am so sorry to leave you hanging but I do need to go and plan the party for when the New Asia people come. I'm so sorry." Queen Amberly said and I smiled on the inside. Maybe Maxon needed to teach his mom he lesson he taught me. Don't say sorry if it's not your fault. I just knew then I would always life by that rule. Unless someone like Maxon brought me another quote I could live by.
"Oh it's totally fine. Good luck with the planning!" I said and curtsied and left the room.

These stupid halls, that always have me lost. I can't seem to find the hall where my room is. I wander a few more minutes before I totally give up and look for a guard to help me. I rounded a corner and saw a back of a guard.
"Excuse me! Sorry to bother you," see I needed to use sorry here because I didn't really want to bother him. "Do you know where I could find the selected girl's rooms?" I asked.

The guard turned to me. I didn't know what to say. I regretted using that choice of words. I looked up into the piercing green eyes and I looked up to his midnight black hair. I took in his face. The face I fell in love with. The face. The person that I snuck out to the treehouse for. I suddenly remember everything. The curve of his lip, the feel of his lips on mine and how they were always so soft, the feel of my hands in his soft hair, his arms that held me when I'm sad and hugged me when I was happy, the arms that kept me warm.
"America when were you ever a selected? Also why are you at the castle?" Aspen asked and looked at me worriedly. I turned and ran the opposite direction. I DID want to see Aspen again but not now. Not today. Not at this very moment! I just wasn't ready.

Can you believe it! Aspen is back! What do you think America is going to do? Will they make up and get together again? Comment what you think will happen. Also please like!!