Trials

America's POV

I wake up to kisses on my shoulder. I laugh and bury my head into my pillow. The kisses are soft and sweet. They felt like feathers brushing my skin.

"Good morning my darling. How was your night sleep?" Maxon whispered into my ear while he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"It was amazing. How was yours?" I ask and giggle. I don't know why I was so happy. Well it may be because I'm now married to my best friend and the love of my life.

"It was absolutely wonderful. I haven't had that good of a sleep in ages!" He says and rests head on my shoulder.

I peek up at him and pull his closer. He closes his eyes while I plant millions of kisses on his face. He smiles in pure bliss and when my lips meet his we kiss passionately.

I couldn't wait to wake up like this for the rest of my life.

"We should get ready. The trial is today." I state and Maxon groans.

"Can we put it off till. I don't know next week! I could just lay in bed with you all day. I don't wanna get up and work!!" Maxon complains.

I lightly shove him and I get out of bed. Maids knock at the door just as I get up.

"Your Majesties May we come in?" A young maid girl asks. She can't be more than sixteen.

"Of course. And what's your name?" I ask politely. The maid girl looks down shyly and says her name.

"I'm Kelsey. I am a maid in training and I will be studying with Anne and Mary to become your third maid." Kelsey gives me all the information.

I nod and smile. "Well it's nice to meet you!" Kelsey finally looks up and curtsies.

"The pleasures all mine, Your Majesty."

"Please call me America. If you'll be my third maid then i hope you'll call me by my name. You know, I'm pretty close with all my maids. I don't consider them maids anymore, they turn into my friends." I tell Kelsey. At this news Kelsey gives me a small smile.

"America! What are you thinking of wearing for the trial? I was thinking white and gold, like an angle! What do you think?" Anne says appearing through the doorway. Mary is a couple steps behind Anne and then Lucy is a couple steps behind Mary.

They all come into the room and line up in a straight line. Kelsey joins the line by Anne.

"Uhhh I didn't really think about it. I was so preoccupied with the wedding and last night was very eventful. What do you think Maxon?" I look at him still in bed with his hair sticking up in all places.

"Any color you want to wear you can wear. But, maybe not white and gold. This is a trial and Kriss killed people and all that. But it shouldn't be dark colors either. It's happy because we are bring people to justice. So maybe like a light blue like your eyes." Maxon suggests. I suddenly blush. He's noticed my eyes... ahhh how amazing. Each time he says anything to me-about me-I get all nervous inside again. Like a middle school girl with a crush on the most popular boy in school.

Maxon goes into another room with his own maids to get changed. Anne, Mary, Lucy, and Kelsey help me to get ready. In the end I took Maxon's suggestion and went with a light blue gown. With dark blue strap-y shoes. My gown was a short sleeve dress with jewels shaped like flowers on my hip and upper chest. My friends pull my hair into a swirling bun on top of my head and place my crown on top. This crown was jeweled with light and dark blue crystals. My makeup was light and natural. Just how I like it.

Soon I make my way down to the throne room. Maxon is already their talking to one of his guards. Maxon looks so perfect up there on the throne. He wears a black tux and a light blue tie that matches my dress. I hug my friends and then make my way up to my throne that is set right by Maxon's.

Maxon's looks up and he sees me and his eyes get big. He stands and he pulls me into a hug and kisses me lightly, trying not to mess up my makeup. We sit side by side and he takes my hand in his and this act alone calms me.

I look out and news reporters are there and taking many pictures. People talking and camera snaps fill my ears. I'm getting used to it by now. I can't tell if that's good or bad.

The trial begins in less than five minutes and people start to get seated. The aisle is blank if anyone and the room quiets. The trumpets blare, noting is its time for the trial to start.

"Kriss Amber please enter the room." A guard says and in walks Kriss with three other guards at her side. She doesn't try to resist she just obeys and walks with them. She stands up straight and confident. It bugs me.

"Kriss is convicted of murder, attempt murder, unfaithfulness to the crown, unfaithfulness to the country, manipulation of the throne, and distrust to the country and throne as Queen. The list goes on for quite sometime but I think you guys get the point." The guard breaths a sigh from reading all that.

Kriss rolls her eyes and tries to shake off the guards that hold her wrists.

"Kriss your punishment is fifty five canning whips, lifetime in jail, and you got to pay up ten thousand dollars to pay for the damage you caused the castle." Maxon says and sits up straight in his throne. I follow suit.

"To get out of that you need to pay up one hundred thousand dollars. That is your bail. Well, actually that would be your bail but Maxon and I have decided you don't get a choice. Since you killed people and tried to kill the Ex-Queen then you should pay for what you have done." I say and there was no waver in my voice as I said it all. Kriss's eyes get huge. The truth settling in.

"America, you think you've won this battle and you think you can just get rid of me. Well news flash you can't. I'll haunt you around till the day you die. Maxon is a horrible husband. He will replace you just like he replaced me." Kriss yells at me. Her face was getting red.

"Kriss. You still think this little "battle between us" is still going. It's not. It's over. I won. You lost. Don't try to drag me down with you because you are a sore loser." I yell back at her. Maxon's hand around mine squeezes. I forgot he was holding my hand in the first place. I calm down a little.

Kriss just laughs.

"You are so very funny America. I'm surprised that you and Maxon don't just kill me. I mean I've killed people like you've said. I've tried to kill the queen. Why don't you just kill me? Oh wait I know, because little America can't deal with the fact she is taking someone's life. You will be a horrible queen. I've done the worst thing possible and you don't kill me! You don't have the gut to do anything bad like that. That, America, will be your downfall." Kriss lashes back at me.

"Go rot in hell Kriss." Was all I could say.

"That will be all. Kriss you're canning will be in a week and then you will be sent to Whites to go into their prison up there." Maxon ended the trial and nodded at the guards to take her away.

All Kriss did was throw her head back and laugh. She turned her head at the last second and looked at me. Their was craziness in her eyes. She was insane.

How'd you like the chapter? I hoped you enjoyed it. It was fun to write this chapter. As it is all the others but this one I liked the best. You got to see the night after the wedding and how cute Maxon and America are together. Do you think this is the end of Kriss? Maybe it is maybe it isn't. I'm actually planning on doing one more chapter. The story really has like officially ended from where I plotted out what was going to happen. I am going to post one more time and then it won't be constant anymore. I'll try to add on when I feel like it and then see where it goes from there.

I'll post on 8/26/18

Spoiler: happily ever after