Stealing Games

America's POV

I get back to Marlee and we open our envelope slowly so we don't rip anything. Inside there was a single sheet of paper and a note.

The note read.

Hello group seven!
You ladies have gotten the information of food. Below you will find New Asian food and cuisines. You have to be in the kitchen 30 minutes before dinner begins to have your own little taste test of the meals. Good luck!

The list wasn't exactly below the letter but it was on a different sheet of paper.

"This is so cool we have food so we get to try New Asian food. This is probably the best one you could get. Maybe it want an accident." Marlee winked at me.

"Stop he probably already had them laid out for which ever teams." I say and smile at her little joke.

"Sure keep telling yourself that and someday you might be right. Jk you'll always be wrong. He likes you." She giggles.

"Yeah yeah tell me what are we going to do about this planning the party thing?"

"I honestly have no idea." We look at each other scared.

~•~

We go down to the kitchen 30 minutes before dinner starts to do our taste testing. Once we get there there is the head chef placing the last dish out on the kitchen table.

She turns around once she hears the door open and close. "Ahh you must be Lady America and Lady Marlee! Welcome to my kitchen. My staff and I have worked really hard to bring you New Asian food. We can't wait to see your reactions!!" The Head chef gleamed.

"Hello. By the way what's your name?" I asked wondering why she didn't say it in the first place.

"It's not important. You don't need to call me by name. Just signal me over if anything is wrong." She shrugged. I hated that idea. So cold. I wanted to make her feel like a real person. Like we were equals.

"No really I insist on your name. I'm absolutely not going to signal for you. That's- that's just so rude and cold." I explain.

"Ok if you really want to know my name is Holly Bans. You may call me holly." Holly smiled big.

"Okay holly show us the first dish." I smile back and follow her.

Marlee and I take up the whole thirty minutes before dinner trying food. All so good. All so different. We wrote down the ones we no doubt loved. Holly let us keep the extra food for some snacks and welcomed us back to the kitchen whenever we wanted.

~•~

After dinner Marlee and I are back in the women's room sorting out what we will present to the royal family. All the other selected are here with us. You could sense the tension in the room. You could just see in everyone's face how truly scared they were. There then was a knock at the door. Queen Amberly quickly got up and opened the door. In stepped Maxon.

"Hello ladies!" He says cheerfully. "I have an announcement to make." He smiles at all of us.

"Well obviously." I say without thinking. I quickly covered my mouth with my hand. But honestly I thought it was a little funny so I muffled a laugh under my hand.

All eyes were on me. Maxon looked at me with his big brown eyes. She then broke out in a laugh that the selected girls awkwardly joined in on as well. Queen Amberly laughed a little too.

"Okay back to what I was saying there is a little twist. You ladies are allowed to try to steal the other groups envelops and get a peek at their information. You don't have to steal. Also keep your envelope safe and with you at all times." Maxon says and looks at us all. "Good luck ladies. I'll see you ladies tomorrow." He nods and walks out.

~•~

The games were on. People put their envelopes in weird places like under their dresses or in their shoes. Marlee and I hid ours in our project. We tucked it under another piece of paper on the big piece of cardboard.

As for Marlee and I we didn't know really what to do so we went to go steal the other girls envelopes. We got the religion, history, color, music, and decor envelopes. The envelopes were really easy to get. Most of the envelopes didn't even help us in He long run.

~•~

The days we had to work went by in a flash. We had two days to get everything together and then if your idea won then you have two other days to step up.

"I have an idea." I exclaim.

"What what? America please tell me!!" Marlee whined. We have been having idea block for the almost 48 hour that we had.

"So how about we do it like New Asia theme plus an Illéa theme. I bet that the New Asian people are bored seeing what they are always seeing! They would like to party like we party in Illéa!" I explain to Marlee who listened carefully.

"That's a brilliant idea! America. You are a Genius!" Marlee shook me back and forth.

We got to work right away. We worked through the night and into the morning. We skipped dinner and breakfast but no one came looking for us or asking where we were so we didn't get interrupted.

When we were working I always felt like there were someone's eyes on me every step of the way. Maybe it was for the report and they needed some footage I thought.

Hello I hope you guys are enjoying this story as much as I am!! So I'm going to make a PSA and so listen up.

About posting more! I'm so sorry guys but I'm a busy girl and it takes me about an hour or so to write the chapter. I have homework, dance, and then I need my reading time and just time for myself. The most time that I write the chapters are actually on the weekends. Now you may be like "Well it's not that hard to post a chapter. Just one click away. Right?" Well yes you have a point but that means I need to write five chapters a week. Eek I can't. Sorry. So every other day is fine with me.

Also I'm just going to add thanks into this as well. Thank you all for supporting me and commenting and voting for this book! You guys don't know how much this means to me!! ❤️❤️❤️

Please please feel free to vote and comment! I try to comment back.

Next time I'll be posting is 5/8/18

Spoiler: idk honestly. Just keep reading!!