Babies?

Maxon's POV

"Come on Maxon!! We are married now." Kriss whines.

"Kriss I'm just not ready yet!" I yell back at her. She was acting like a two year old.

"Maxon! You got to be reasonable. We need to have an heir sometime or another. Why can't we just try it?" She asks and sits on the bed and pats the spot by her.

"I'm not comfortable right now." I say and move even farther from the bed and run my fingers through my hair.

"Well of course you aren't. I bet you would be more comfortable if you were sitting on the bed by me." She says and smirks.

"You know that's not what I mean Kriss." I give her a pointed look and sigh and sit down on the chair over by my desk.

"Maxon I don't get it. You marry me and then you don't want to have kids with me? Don't you love me? I love you. I've showed you that I love you millions of times already while you only kiss me when you absolutely need too, you don't hold my hand, you don't hug me, you don't talk to me about the important things. Maxon, we are married now. Start acting like you are happy till you actually are. Ever heard of fake it till you make it? Well do it!" She yelled at me and goes back to the princess suite.

"Aghhhhhhh" I yell after she slams the door shut. I couldn't take it anymore. Her constant begging and pleading with me.

She really thinks I'm so dumb that I don't know that we need to create an heir together? I've been a Prince my whole life. I've heard my mom arguing with my dad about a second heir. I. Maxon Scheave clearly know that I need an heir.

I needed to think. I go outside into the garden to think by the fountain. The fountain always calms me down.

I weave my way through the garden and try to found the fountain farthest from the palace. I finally find one that is kind of hidden behind a bush and some small apple trees. I make my way around the bush and trees and then I see red hair and stop in my tracks.

"Oh. It's just you." She looks up at me and squints because behind me is the rising sun.

"Wow I can tell you are thrilled to see me." I say and sit down next to her. She looks back down and sighs. Looks like we both are having rough days.

"Sorry about me running out on you at the wedding ball thing. I just got so overwhelmed and I needed to think." She says and I understand the feeling completely.

"I understand that's why I came out here. Just to think. So what's got you down?" I ask. I really wanted to wrap my arms around her and comfort her, but I knew I couldn't. Now, we were both married and a scandal like the prince cheating is a scandal that just couldn't happen.

"Well I just talked to Lucy. She told me her side of the story. I should have expected it. I mean there is always two or more sides to every story. Can you believe they actually met here? On this very bench?" She lets out a short little laugh. Not that anything was funny. She was just letting the disbelief set in. "I just wish I had known. I could have talked to Aspen. Been there for him." She fades off on the last word.

"I don't know what to say to that." I say honestly and she looks up and smiles at me. It was a painful smile but she tried.

"So what brings you here?" She changed the subject.

"Kriss is getting on my last nerve. Wait, never mind. She started on my last nerve right when she entered the palace for the selection. She is just so rude and always needs to be right." I explain and let all my anger out. For some reason America's presence just makes me want to open up about everything. It felt nice.

"Yeah. Kriss is- quite something." America thinks a little bit then adds "if she gets on your nerves, why marry her?" This question took me by surprise and I really actually did need to think about it. Why did I choose Kriss to be my wife?

After thinking for a little bit I finally came up with an okay answer. "I wanted to please my dad." Was all I came up with sadly.

"Why? Maxon, I've known you for not that long but I know you pretty well. You don't do what your dad tells you to do. You do what you want to do. Now tell me the real reason you chose Kriss." America says finally looking at me in the eye.

"Well the girl I wanted to choose was already taken. She didn't want to be with me and so following what my dad wanted me to do, I chose Kriss. That's my real answer." I add to make sure she understands.

All she asks nexts is "Who did you want to choose?"

"You" was all I said back. We didn't make eye contact and for once there was an awkward silence over us.

"Then why didn't you say my name?" She asks quietly.

"You said you were going to be with Aspen. I didn't know how you felt about me."

"Maxon, I- I've lo-" she got cut off by a voice calling over the bushes.

"Maxon! Darling where are you? I'm so so so so so sorry for trying to pressure you into something you didn't want to do! Please forgive me!" The voice called.

I quickly looked at America with a look that said please help me! And being America she helped me.

America puts her finger to her lips telling me to be quiet. She stands and gets off the bench and goes to the other side of the bush and trees.

"Hey Kriss. You looking for Maxon?" I hear America's sweet voice say.

"Yeah. And... what do you want?" Kriss snarls at her. I cringe at just the thought of how rude Kriss is.

"Well I saw him walking in the garden and-" Kriss cuts her off.

"You were stalking him? How creepy. Also stay away from him. He's MINE. We are now married and I am already pregnant with his child." Kriss says quickly.

Doesn't she know how babies are made? We never engaged in those types of activities last night. Last night after the party I quickly locked myself in one of the hundreds of guest bedrooms so she couldn't find me. Also you wouldn't know if you are pregnant after only a day. What was this girl? Delusional? I guess so.

"That's- ummm fantastic!! But you didn't let me finish. Maxon went that way. I think he likes going around in the maze made of the bushes over there. Then he mumbled something about going to the kitchen then going to the pool. Then what was it? Oh yeah! The barn to ride horses then lastly the spa." America listed all of these activities to pre-occupy Kriss for about the rest of the day.

"That's a lot of things. You sure-"

"Yes I'm positive. Why would I lie to you?" America fake laughed.

"Okay..." Kriss says and I hear her heels click away against the stone walkway.

Bye bye Kriss. Till tomorrow.

Sorry for all the people who read this chapter before I put in the Author Note!! So now I'm doing it. I'll make it short. So do you think Kriss will have a baby? What extent with Kriss go to to keep Maxon? Please comment! And please vote!

I'll post on 6/21/18

Spoiler: flashback to when America and Lucy talk.