4: Early Visit

The next morning, Anton had woken up early and gone out to the woods. He was going to see her. No matter what, he has to see her.

He got to the river and looked around, making sure no one had followed. Once it was clear, he crossed over and headed to Evelyn's home.

Andre frowned. Why would Anton cross over to human territory? What could he possibly be doing there? There's only one way to find out. He carefully crossed over but kept to the trees. He followed Anton.

Anton looked over at the farm. He didn't even have to see Evelyn to, know she was out there. Just her smell was enough to tell. Smiling, he walked over. He spotted her chasing after a chicken that was heading his way. So he decided to help her out by catching it, his good at that.

"Anton," Evelyn smiled. "Thanks for catching it. She got out of her coop."

"No problem," he smiled and handed her the chicken. She took it and walked over to the chicken coop. He follows behind.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. "So early in the morning?"

"I was out on a walk," he lied. "And I saw you, so I decided to stop by and greet you."

"Oh," she set the chicken down. "That's thoughtful of you."

"And you?" He asked. "Why are you up this early?"

"Picking the eggs up," she said. "Milking the cows and goats. I need to get breakfast ready." She picked up a basket. "Have you eaten yet?"

"No," he said. "I don't want to be a bother."

"You are never a bother," she said. "You may join us for breakfast. Come on."

He followed her inside. "Is everyone still asleep?"

"Yes." she smiled and set the basket down. "Well, except for my father, he got up earlier to head to the market. He will be back in time for breakfast. And my sister's aren't morning people. They like sleeping late until my father wakes them up because I'm always stuck with all the work. But I don't mind."

"I see," he stood there. "Want me to help you with something?"

"No," Evelyn looked at him. "I'm good." Anton nod. She went back to cooking. Anton stood back and watched her.

Andre frowned. Anton was on a human farm. What was he doing here? He just casually walked up to this girl and started talking to her, then he followed her inside. It looked like they knew each other. It was severe Anton was risking their clan. Andre sat on top of a tree, waiting for him to come out.

"Here try this," Evelyn held out a piece of bread out to him.

"Okay," he opened his mouth and allowed her to feed him. It was the strangest thing he has ever let anyone do. She blew on it.

"Careful, its hot," Anton took a bite.

"It tastes good," he said. "Like honey."

"Really?" She smiled. "I pour a bit of honey on the bread. To give it more flavor."

"Well, it's good," he said. "And smells good too."

Evelyn made two more loaves of bread, with honey dribble over it. Everything was ready by the time her father had arrived.

"Anton?" Her father set his tools down. "What a surprised?"

"Yes," Anton smiled. "I just stopped by to greet you all." He said. "And Evelyn invited me for breakfast; I hope that's alright?"

"Yes, of course, you are welcome here anytime," Bob said. "Evelyn, are your sister still asleep?" Evelyn nod. "Those three, being lazy, while you're stuck with the work. I'll wake them up."