27: Secret Brother

Anton groaned. He couldn't do it. It has been a month, and he still couldn't tell her.

"Hey, it'll be fine," Anibal said. "I don't think it's the right time to tell her. We need to worry about Paul."

"I know," Anton sighed. "Speaking of Paul, he hasn't reported his son. Nor has tried anything. He may be planning. So we need to be ready for anything."

"Okay," Anibal fiddled with a comb pin.

"Who's that for?" Anton asked.

Anibal coughed. "It's for Eliana; she seems to like them a lot. And I think this one will look good on her."

"Anibal," Anton frowned. "Don't play with her emotions. Eliana is too innocent for someone like you. You aren't compatible with her."

"I didn't intend to do anything," Anibal said. "I'm kind to her. She is fun to talk to; look, I won't do anything. Besides, she doesn't seem interested in me. She likes her animals more than me."

"Okay," Anton stretched. "Sorry, it's just that you have a nasty temper, and you can easily lose control. I don't want you to go off on her."

 "Relax," Anibal smiled. "I have been dealing with my anger. And I don't think Eliana can ever get me mad, not even when she busted my nose. With her, I'm so calm. And no matter what she does, I don't think I can get angry at her. Not like her sisters, her sisters, aside from Evelyn, they irritated me. Last time we were there, Skyla stomp on my foot for nothing."

Anton chuckled. "I have noticed that Alton has stopped following you around."

"Well, that's good," Anibal smiled. "He used to always followed me. But I'm glad that Alton is finally getting ahold of his life."

"Hey," Andre walked in with Alton, who looked hurt. "Alton got beat up by Skyla."

"Why?" Anton asked. "And why were you over there?"

"We didn't go to the farm," Andre said. "We went down to the river to cool off. And Skyla was there washing some clothes. And we just greeted her, and she yelled at us, telling us to leave. Alton here decided to ignore her and get in the river."

"So she jumped in and hit me with a basket," Alton said. "I don't know why Skyla was like that. And I think she was hurt because she began to bleed. And now that I remember, she was washing some stained sheets. I think it was blood too."

"Well, now we know why she wanted you two to leave," Anibal said. "She wasn't hurt. Skyla was going through a feminine thing. And she didn't want you to see. You should've had listened."

"I listen," Andre said. "But Alton didn't."

"And you need to be more careful," Anton said. "Don't forget, it's winter, there's snow. They don't know that the cold doesn't affect us. Hopefully, they don't ask why Alton jumped in the river. Wait, did Skyla get in the water too, just to hit Alton?"

"Yes," Andre said. "She was shivering; I had to give her my coat. That girl is something."

"Alton, stop provoking her," Anton said. Alton just groaned.

"She busted my lip," Alton said. "I wasn't provoking her." He said and wiped the blood from his lip. "I'll be more careful."

"Hey, have you guys seen Erica?" Andre asked. "His father hasn't seen her for like three days."

"She's probably sulking somewhere," Anibal said. "After Anton had that talk with her. She hasn't been around much."

"Let her be," Anton said. "So long as she's not threatening Evelyn. If she does, I'll kill her."